Easy Entry Carts

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinisMaMa

Reaction score
I was just wondering if anybody had ever used a "Pony Sized" Easy Entry Cart for there minis?

I just bought a new cart with 20" wheels, 60" shafts, and 44" seat not realizing that it was a pony cart. That is Pony sized, right?

Could this work ok for a larger B sized mini?

No, I don't think that would work unless you cut the shafts.

I have a lot of B minis, my biggest is 36.5". I drive her in my frontier easy entry frequently and the shafts are 48" and 20" wheels. If she were any longer, this cart would be too small for her but I think that one with 60" shafts would be way too large.

What brand is the cart? Check out the frontier carts and accessories because I think you may be able to buy a new set of shafts that you could attach to this cart you are talking about (not sure, but it is worth investigating).

http://www.easyentrycart.com/

Good luck,

Jill

PS Pic of 36.5" Lou and I with the 48" shafts cart:

Driving%20Lou%20More%20--%20April%2015,%202004%20017.jpg

Yes, what you got was a pony-sized cart. I would be leery of just cutting the shaft length, as it could change the cart's balance in a negative way.

I have a Frontier easy entry, standard shaft length 48"(as in Jill's picture.) I ordered the optional, interchangable 54" shafts to put on this cart for use with my full 38" B mare. It works fine, but would NOT need the shafts to be one bit longer--so, I think a cart with 60" shafts would simply be TOO big(as you pointed out, it is also 8" wider-this could make maneuverability awkward, if not downright dangerous. )I would highly recommend just re-selling it, and shopping for the correct size for minis. If you get a Frontier, you could see about getting it with the 54" shafts, or, getting both shafts, if you have different sizes of minis.

Back