Eagle Photos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mona

Reaction score
I went on a short trip to pick up a dog the other day, and I passed this pine tree where I saw a pair of nesting eagles. I turned around and went back to get a photo, but by the time I did all that, they had flown/moved from their original positions in the tree. They looked so much more "majestic" when I saw them originally, but took this pic anyway...

eaglespair.jpg

Then closer to home I saw this one...both pics are of the same eagle...

eagle.jpg

eagle2.jpg

Just beautiful! We have them around here, too, but we don't see them that often. I love them!
default_wub.png

Pretty darn majestic looking to me
default_laugh.png
How close are they to you?! That's awesome. I love hawks and eagles...Beautiful!

Matt, do you mean how far was I from them when I took the pics?? If so, the ones in the pine tree were quite a ways away...they were across the road and in a tree in the field. I am a very poor judge of distance, so I cannot help you out with an answer to that one!
default_wacko.png
Maybe about 300 feet out in that field.

As to the lone eagle pics, that one was in a tree right along the road, and I was pretty much almost right under the tree to take the photos. So only the distance across the highways and however far up in the tree he was.

Great shots, Mona.......

I always feel honored when I see one......especially close up.......even though we have a pair that is nesting a couple miles from us.

They are so majestic......

Mona, the area you live in must be so beautiful....you get the neatest photos.

We have lots of eagles around here, too. After the flooding this past

winter you could see them right off the sides of the freeway zooming in

for snacks of critters that must have scurried from the rising water.

Never had a camera with but what an incredible sight they are, up close.

They are just huge!

Amazing photos Mona!!! What gorgeous creatures! I have some pics just like that I took a few weks ago of ......vultures that sit in a dead tree just at the perimeter of my property.
default_wacko.png

Great shots! We do have a few more every year in our neck of the woods. Haven't been able to capture one on film yet, but maybe this year! I just love to see them. Also, I learned quite a lot more about eagles by my daily watch from egg to fledging this Spring on Friends of Blackwater

Thanks for sharing your eagle photos!
default_biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice photos Mona, we have a nest not far from here at all and we see them a lot during spring / summer
default_yes.gif

Glad you have all enjoyed pics! Yes Sheryl, that is a nest there in the one pic. I am posting it again here...I zoomed in on it some and cropped the rest out. Hope it helps you see it better...

nest.jpg

Latest posts

Back