driving with a horse wearing a slinky?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shalakominiatureshowhorses

Reaction score
Hello all!

Bentley and I are going to be in a Lighted Christmas Parade in our town, and we are so excited to participate!

He was shaved in the middle of October, so he doesn't have a really fluffy coat when it gets cold. We will be driving in the parade, if it were to get cold, I can't put a big blanket under him, it would be too bulky. Would it be safe to hook him up with him having a slinky on underneath the harness? I think it would be better then nothing, but I'm afraid the slinky might be too silky and the harness could slip around? Has anyone driven with a horse wearing a slinky!

Thank you in advance,

Bailey & Bentley.

I've never tried it, but that just sounds way too dangerous. Instead how about getting/making him a quarter sheet kind of rug? Walmart has inexpensive fleece blankets, big enough to put on him after he is harnessed up. Fold it in half and lay over his back and loin, you could attach so it wouldn't slip off to the harness like at the front edge. I bet they'd even have colors to go with holiday decoration if you're doing that, like a green one.

Another idea is a large christmas tree skirt. Velcro it, or duct tape it.

I made a simple cover using my blanket for a pattern. I made it out of red fabric with a sparkle in it. It fits over the harness and the sleigh bells go over it.

Latest posts

Back