Driving Small Miniatures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdhand

Reaction score
We have a small 29inch miniature stallion. I have several driving horses, but they are B size. Anyway this little guy is stout and full of spunk. Do people drive miniatures this small? I would like everyones input. He is 2 years and 5 months old. He has been shown all of his life.

I don't have any that small - but I have met several people with 28 and 29 inch minis that drive - Yours sounds large enough from the description - but you might want to make sure you have a well balanced lighter weight cart. Of course he/she will have an easier time pulling a cart on flat ground vs hilly ground.

JJ

My driving horse is 30 1/2" and he does fine.

:aktion033: :aktion033:

Our 29" stallion Boones Little Buckeroo Charmer completed his Country Pleasure Driving Hall Of Fame this year.

As well, he placed 5th at the Nationals last week in COuntry Pleasure Driving Stakes class.

We have several this size & we do single driving, teams , unicorn & 4 horse hitch. They drive as well as the bigger ones.

I just love to drive my buckskin mare - she is also 29 inches.

Thank you. That was what I needed. We are going to start with him today. He is a cutie and needs something to do. I will let you all know how he progresses.

Well we have a 29.50 or 30.00 (depending on the day and the person measuring him ) gelding and we are going to break him to drive however.. that said I sure wont be driving him the eventual plan is for Raven to drive him since she is obviously much smaller.

I have a friend with a 29" gelding who is a superb driver! He absolutely loves it! As long as thedriver isn't too heavy for the mini and the horse likes what he's doing, I don't see why not!

We have a 29.5" gelding that is great at driving he enjoys it but he is the stockier quarter horse type of mini

we do have a 28" more refined stallion we want to train to drive so im anxious to hear these responses

Last edited by a moderator:
Come to think of it my hubby reminded me that when we first stated showing and went to some NY shows, there was a tall thin man who drove a 26 or 27 inch mini in all the classes and apparently he had no problems. Great driving little mini.

Joyce L

[SIZE=14pt]My friend Debbie Paul has a 29 inch stallion Mini Brooks James Bond who is now a multiple National Champion driving horse. It is possible for some of these littles to do very well.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I'm part of the Petite Elite, a miniature horse precision driving drill team (look for us in the Rose Bowl this coming Jan!!!) and the lead horse, Bonzai, is a 29" stallion. He does drill team, parades, and ADTs (one day CDEs). Here are some pics

488e2ee3.jpg

47f1be50.jpg

He's on the right in the following

drillsantafe.jpg

His son is slightly smaller than him, and also drives (occasionally shown in driving, as is Bonzai).

My hubby has always liked our little stallion best, he is under 28". Hubby really wants to drive him, so I will train him to drive (though I have warned him he might not be able to do much with him, but you never know I guess)

Jessi

:bgrin :bgrin

well,, ladies that are a " little" short for their weight also do very well, as I won the open country pleasure driving class in Michigan at the area 2 show in a class of 12 under judge Larry Parnell, with our 29 inch stallion.

Boy, can he drive.!!

Latest posts

Back