driving clothing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.T

Reaction score
I know that it states the attire in the rule books but I'm sort of confused. What do you wear in a driving class for AMHA, AMHR, and Pinto? is a jacket and black pants acceptable? what about gloves? hat/helmet?

I can respond for what is often worn at the New England Pinto shows. If you want to join us, we would love to see you! Most - but not all - exhibitors seem to use wooden wheeled carriages and dress as you would for an American Driving Society event. So you see a lot of driving aprons/lap robes, brown gloves, and fancy hats. I am the only one that wears a helmet and I might wear something like I have on in my new avatar photo. But your attire should go with you cart, so if you are using a show cart or EE, then I would think black pants and a jacket or even a nice long sleeve shirt would be fine. I have also done that with either my show cart or my carriage. I guess the bottom line is that for the Pinto shows in New England almost anything conservative that goes with your cart should be fine! But do check the rule book - for example Pinto requires you to have your number on BOTH sides of your cart.

I always wear a dress when driving, but I see a lot of folks in dress slacks and blouses. My method is that for Western/classic - cowboy type wear, including a cowboy hat. Western blouses, and skirts, etc. Country is summery type clothing, skirts and blouses. I haven't found any hats that I think I look OK in, so no hat yet. Open I go a bit fancier - formal dresses, at least longer gowns. If it's evening, we glitz it up more. Nationals, pull out all the stops at all levels. Lots of bling, brighter colors so you don't get lost in the crowd

Back