Dressing for Western Country Pleasure after 6pm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myminis

Reaction score
I have 2 WCP classes that One Amat. and one a heights class that are at 6 pm which we all know means probably 10 pm. The Country Pleasure classes everyone 'generally' wears formals. I don't know about the WCP classes, what do I wear?

Traditional Western wear with a hat, or a formal with a hat or what? Any idea's. I want to dress like everyone else, I know one year I did it and I dressed western but that was quite awhile back and I don't know if everyone is still dressing that way as I've been doing Roadster or Country Pleasure since then. I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb and be the only one in a formal, or be the only one in Western wear either.

So any one that is in Womens WCP in Ammy or in the 37-37" class what R U wearing or IF you've been in that class past couple of years what's up?

Any advice would be helpful. I'm driving a bay and white pinto.

Thanks,

I only have one outfit that goes with my western hat, so what I would do would be to add more bling in terms of the blouse and/or jewelry. I would still wear my hat. Maybe you can dress your hat up with a fancier hat band.

I wear my normal clothes. The pic in my avatar was my Reserve Stakes win and I'm pretty sure that year was after dark...

Thanks guy's I do have some Hobby Horse tops too that I use for halter maybe one of them would work too. I'll have to look and see if any one of them would trouble with them is their so short waisted and they show everything you own.

I stay with a western look but as Val said, add some bling to it. Hobby Horse type blazer or top with a little length is good
default_smile.png
since your arms are raised & short jackets tend to come up a little.

Jan

I stay with a western look but as Val said, add some bling to it. Hobby Horse type blazer or top with a little length is good
default_smile.png
since your arms are raised & short jackets tend to come up a little.

Jan

Oh my GOSH, I FORGOT!!!!!! I DO have a HOBBY HORSE black blazer with BLING on it. it has lots of stictching in different colors on it. I forgot cause I didn't wear it this year, I just have to get a different, hat or NOT wear a hat... and I have the boots to match it too... DERRRR, I forgot all about that Blazer. Oh I'm so glad I wrote in. I would have left that beautiful blazer just go to waste in my closet. Thanks Jan I'm glad you brought that out.about the blazer, I would have TOTALLY spaced it.

Thanks all for your help. NOW I'm all set.... THAT I won't be stressing about, just where in the heck is my STALLS!!!!!! But that's another matter!!!!!

Here's what I wore one year. I believe it was about 3 a.m.
2007-amhr-national-top-10-simply-awesome-600x478.jpg

It was a black short jacket that I added the bling to for Nationals.

Latest posts

Back