Draft Harness Proposal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kuelinkellyville

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this word change on the draft horse passed at Convection???

Draft Horses to be shown to a four-wheeled wagon suitable and typical for draft harness. This can be a beer wagon, freight wagon, spring wagon, or buckboard. The vehicle should have wooden wheels with or without rubber tires.

Thanks,

Danny

Danny,

I do believe this was referred to a draft committee for them to review.

Karen

That is correct there is Draft Committee and it was deferred to them.

Also - there will possibly be a carriage committe - with the newly formed partnership with ADS, it is suggested we need to bring our rules in more compliance with their standards. The proposal to add breeching did pass, but it was also brought up rules have been dropped off from the rulebook for carriage that are necessary - that will be researched and added back in if there is no record of them being voted to be eliminated.

with the newly formed partnership with ADS, it is suggested we need to bring our rules in more compliance with their standards.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

muffntuf said:
Also - there will possibly be a carriage committe - with the newly formed partnership with ADS, it is suggested we need to bring our rules in more compliance with their standards. The proposal to add breeching did pass, but it was also brought up rules have been dropped off from the rulebook for carriage that are necessary - that will be researched and added back in if there is no record of them being voted to be eliminated.
That's great! I know the current wording has me a bit confused as an ADS member and I'm very interested in the progress of this division as I'll have both a pair and tandem in the next few years.

Leia

Now all they have to do is educate the judges so they know the ADS rules. That might be a challange considering many of the ones I've been judged by do not seem to know the rules for Country Pleasure vs. Pleasure. Specifically check rein. They place tightly checked horses in Country Pleasure over horses with the correct check. What will they do with ADS rules which require no check?

Well I wonder, have you looked at the natural head set of the animal, maybe it is not a tight check because someone wants to rein up an animal. I am not an expert, but I do watch classes and some you can see struggling against the constraints both up and down (checks and martingales) and some have no issues at all and go about their business, and when I see them unhitched - they head set is natural.

It is interesting.

Just curious - back to the original question - "What was decided regarding Draft Classes at Convention?"

We too show Draft. We are wondering what opinions others have about the draft classes - the existing rules and

what rules do you think should be changed.

Let get this discussion going!

Thanks -

Hal & Deb

whoops read this wrong sorry- still needing to catch up on some sleep lol

Last edited by a moderator:
It is supposed to go to the Draft Commnittee - I don't remember the proposal, but that's what I have written down.

Back