Dog Thrown off Bridge

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini Horse Lover

Reaction score
I was on Facebook and watched the most disturbing video of my entire life!

A group of boys decided to take an innocent dog and throw it off of a 50 foot high bridge because they wanted to prove that "dogs could fly".

They wait until the traffic is clear and then toss the dog calmly and one other boy is filming the entire thing as well. The dog hits the bottom onto concrete and whines and cries out for help. Of course the boys laugh and find it funny.

They posted that video on YouTube thinking it would be funny.

The man was tracked down and turned himself in before police officially found him. If convicted he will only spend UP to a year in jail! THAT'S IT!

As for the dog, he was living and expected to survive but sadly died from internal damage.

Please pray for this dog and the other animals that have to suffer such horrific crimes at the expense of human entertainment.

Hopefully one day things like this will stop.

This is a continuing very disturbing trend I am seeing in our younger members of our society. Having so much access to instant news now only highlights this even more.

A couple years ago I witnessed some teen boys going between one hill, down and across the bridge and up another hill. The bridge is there because a river separates the two hills. They were chasing, with their car, a mother deer and its doe, who had gotten caught on the bridge when they came down the hill. Of course they hit the mother deer, which then left the baby doe motherless. The worst image in my mind still is their laughing and pointing at the helpless deer.

If I could have caught them, I would have turned them in for hunting out of season. That's about all you could get them for.

Its such a sad society we live in at times. I agree with the youth seem to have more violent tendencies and not caring about feeling for humans and animals. I truly wonder where the parents are and why they haven't instilled basic values in these children. In my job I see it often and its sad.

Thank goodness not everyone - juveniles and adults are this way. There are still a lot of people (youths and adults) who are caring. Thank goodness they care because they end up helping those that have been victimized.

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

IMO the reason for the violent tendencies is all of the violent games, Movies and other entertainment they are exposed to these days. Before the movies were so "REAL" with the exploding heads when the bullets hit them and all of the blood that everyone thinks is so "COOL" kids weren't so violent. The professionals say that these things don't make any differance but look at people today. I am not suer the pros are so right any more.

Bash me if you want, Flame me if you want. But parents need to step up and be parents, you are not supposed to be friends with your child. You are supposed to be parents. Untill parents step up and play their roll , these sick things will continue to happen. If I did something like that as a kid, I STILL wouldnt be able to sit down and I would STILL be talking out of the left side of my face.

There is a kid (ok, maybe I should call him a man, but I just can't use that word with him) from the closest village I live near whose father is one of the local vets. When he was younger, he was caught with a bunch of other kids in the local village torturing people's pets. I walked into my vets office a couple of years ago (this vet is 45 mins from me), and guess who is now a vet? People don't understand why I won't deal with him at all.....I'm sorry, and maybe I'm passing judgement, but I will NEVER EVER let him touch any of my animals....

I just do NOT get how people are ok with this...I don't care how old or young they are....

And if they are 'kids' where the h**l are their parents?

I'm with Pepipony....I am soo sick to death of people not being responsible for THEIR OWN actions! I realize raising kids is NOT easy, and maybe I've been to a few too many puppy classes full of people with their 'first' dog, but boy, if they raise their kids the same way they deal with their dogs, boy, no wonder we're where we're at.....
default_no.gif

~kathryn

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think it's the games and the movies. I'm sure there is a small portion of kids that do become violent from the games and movies, but it's mostly people not being parents to their kids. I'm ashamed to say that my own sister is one of those bad parents. She and her ex husband encourage their son to hit and beat up other kids. Riley is only three. I hate bringing my son over to their place because Riley goes after my son, who is not even two, and hurts him. My sister and her ex just laugh and think it is great. Needless to say, we don't visit much anymore. I see a lot of parents that are this way these days. They just let their 10 year olds wander the town causing problems. I used to work at a museum which was very popular for summer vacation. Just watching parents with their kids at the museum was appalling. There are lots of good parents out there, but it seems like the bad parents keep increasing in number.

I just do NOT get how people are ok with this...I don't care how old or young they are....And if they are 'kids' where the h**l are their parents?

I'm with Pepipony....I am soo sick to death of people not being responsible for THEIR OWN actions! I realize raising kids is NOT easy, and maybe I've been to a few too many puppy classes full of people with their 'first' dog, but boy, if they raise their kids the same way they deal with their dogs, boy, no wonder we're where we're at.....
default_no.gif

~kathryn
I couldn't agree more! I cannot find the words to describe how I really feel. I know I couldn't post them here!
default_shutup.gif
This kind of thing just sickens me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Makes me sick . I can not express what I would like to do to those people that did this.

I agree that most of it is poor parent skills.When kids get in trouble many times you hear the parents defending the actions of the kid or trying to get them off with no punishment instead of letting them take their punishment.Look at all the creepy laywers who defend some of the sickos out there.I am a fomer teacher and I don't have any problem giving a kid the evil eye or saving something to them if they are behaving in a bad manner.When I grew up in my small town no parents had a problem with any other parent correcting bad behavior.God help you when you got hom and your parents found out someone else had to set you straight.That was waaay worse becuase you had embarrassed your parents.There is no respect for authority anymore and that is a great deal of the problem.Cops in schools on a daily basic-what kind of way is that to get an education.Cut the rights for the criminals snf don't make jails country clubs and maybe they will think twice about doing stupid stuff.

Latest posts

Back