Dog Question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stormo41

Reaction score
I'm scared there might be something wrong with my dog. He is almost 2 years old and a cocker spainal cross.

He has "gone # 1" three times in the house this week, we have been taking him out more offten because of this. Today i was walking him out to my car to go to "grandmas" and he went pee on the way the car witch is very strange for him and he had just been out a hour before that. He also seems distracted, and is drinking more water then normal. He does not seem to be in any discomfort while going to the bathroom he is just going a lot.

I am calling the vet first thing in the morning (i'm at work right now and i cant). I was just wondering if anyone had any experinces or knows what may be wrong. I have no clue, maybe i'm just being to sensitive?

thanks

-Vanessa

Nope, you are not being to sensitive. It could be diabetes or any one of a number of other issues. best to have the vet look at him. Good luck (and way to go realizing he isn't just being 'naughty'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with Reinmaker, definitely call the vet and get an appointment ASAP.

Sounds like a UTI to me, very common in male dogs. Call the vet ASAP, as he will want to get a urine sample. Good luck with your poor little fur friend......I hope he feels better soon.

Definitely sounds like he needs a vet. It could be diabetes or a urinary tract infection or a kidney infection..... The vet can test for all of them if necessary.

The latter two are easy to fix with antibiotics.....The diabetes is a life long process. Hopefully it's just an infection. Keep us posted!

My mix went through this a while ago...was drinking excessively so of course had to pee all the time, would dribble when he walked...he does not tell us when he has to go out...he is one of those dogs that just "wait" so we didn't know he had to go, hence the dribbling.

Had every test under the sun...$300 later did not find a thing, it went away after about a week and a half. No clue what was causing it.

I agree...sounds like maybe he has some sort of urinary tract infection or something. Definately something I would want to have checked out, one way or the other, anyway. Good luck with him!

Hi everyone. thanks so much for all your input. I just got off the phone with the vet and he has a appointment for 10:30 this morning.

We are hopping it's just an infection too.

I will keep you updated thanks for your input again.

-Vanessa

I have good news! The vet said Dante has a UTI so he some pills to take for that and he should be better in a few days.

thanks for all your input again.

-vanessa

Ahhh, GREAT news! Glad that's all it was, and that he'll be feeling better in no time! Thanks for the update!

A urinary tract infection is GREAT news. I was hoping that's all it was.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back