dog lovers--Parvo questions

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yay, Buddy is home sweet home........ it's been a roller coaster ride, that is for sure....so happy to read the good news updates and soooo very happy for you all that he got to come home. Look how happy he is.....
default_smile.png

Home! Just exactly what he needed. Welcome home, Buddy.
default_aktion033.gif

I've found that it is often best NOT to know the history of some of our pups. The mix of emotion can be hard to live with.
default_no.gif

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Considering what he has been through, he doesnt look all that bad. This is so awesome and glad your little guy is safe and HOME!!! I am so happy for you guys!

What a wonderful story! Sweet sweet face he has. Congratulations Karla he has made it through all this for a reason.

Buddy is doing great.
default_yes.gif
He gets his first shots, FINALLY, tomorrow morning.

He is such an easy pup. He doesn't chew shoes--sticks to his toys. He sleeps through the night--about 7.5 hours. If he heads toward a room I don't want him in, I say "Don't go in there." and he turns around and goes the other direction. He's had a lot of socializing lately. Five kids ages 2-11 were here a few days ago and he was great--never got hyper at all. Two college boys--friends of my daughters, were here this afternoon and played hard with him and he was terrific. In the morning, he's pretty content in his playpen while I do chores. We move his pen by the barn at night so it's ready, then move it to the grass in the shade for the day. He spends about half an hour in there once or twice a day so we don't need to watch him every minute. Mark painted while he was in there this afternoon and he was quiet for awhile. After chores in the morning, he'll entertain himself with his toys--wrestling pillows and chasing his football--next to me while I answer emails. So, all in all, he's a good little guy.

Shimano doesn't play with him, but she's never barked or growled or anything--she just walks away when he gets rowdy. If he lays next to her, she'll not move. She does want to go out when he does and seems to like it when he follows her around. She eats better now--she wants to eat when Buddy does, so it's more regular. Before she'd go a day without eating now and then.

I realize the day I loved him most was the day of his accident. I know I'm guarding my heart until I feel confident he's okay and will be with us a while. The wall is coming down slowly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good for Buddy!!! What heartwarming pictures!! I am so happy to see that he is doing well and gaining weight. He looks so comfortable and the look on his face is relaxed and confident. (Love that photo where he's sleeping with his belly exposed). I hope everything goes well with his shots. Thanks for the update, I was hoping you'd post soon.

I decided I'd like to update everyone on Buddy. He's about 67 lbs now, is taller than Shimano, and is a total love bug.

Here are some recent photos.

My absolute favorite. Ironically, behind him is right where he had his accident.

004-1.jpg

Geri--photographer extraordinare, did this to it:

BuddybyGeri-Copy.jpg

Behind him is his shed, complete with dog door, and fence. His shed has 12" of chopped hay/straw. He loves it in there. He loves being outside whenever possible.

044.jpg

Waiting for me to finish up chores.

047.jpg

Inside... he's Mark's love--Buddy is to him what the horses are to me.

0102-1.jpg

So--in summary--he's all better.
default_wub.png
default_yes.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Yay Buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!! So glad he is better and your husband loves him soo!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome news, thanks for the update and sharing your photos. I can see how this little pup has become a fast love bug in your lives.
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back