Dog enzyme supplement

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Reaction score
If I remember right, there was a thread a long time ago about a product that you sprinkle on your dog's food that helps to keep their teeth cleaner. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to the name of the product and where to purchase it. If you used it ... Do you think it works?

Lois and others interested, my parents' old dog, Bruiser, had a tumor in his liver They knew about it for about 2yrs before he passed away. His only symptom was periodic bloating and digestion issues (like flair ups). He started on enzymes for digestion and they helped him tremendously. Just in case someone opens the thread with that aspect of enzymes in mind.

I give CompleZyme Plus to my dogs; it has digestive enzymes and probiotics in it - I am very happy with the results!

Liz N.

Thanks for the responses. I ordered two bottles of the Perio Support after talking to my dog's vet.

Lois, I've been using the Perio for my dogs, and it's only been about 6 months, so I can;t really say whether I find a difference or not. My small dog (Monkey) has some stained teeth, but at least no tartar build-up. Since he never has, I can't say the Perio IS working, but I cannot say it's not, either. As for by Boxer (Abby) her breath may be somewhat better, but then we had her teeth cleaned and some oral surgery done on her just before we started the Perio, so again, I cannot say for certain that I DO without a doubt, see a difference. I just ordered 3 more bottles, and I would like to continue using it for an entire year just to see if I can by then, see any "real" benefits to using it.

I am hoping that it does help keep our Roxy's teeth cleaner and her breath fresher. Thanks for letting me know your experience with the product. I hope we all see some benefits. Do you put less on Monkey's food than Abby's? I wondered if the size of the dog made any difference in the amount to use.

Lois, that is what I wondered too, and I asked here on the forum in that thread, but nobody answered. The bottle does not say anything about size either, and I found that very strange, as I just cannot see the need/benefits of giving a Chihuahua the same dose as a Great Dane. Seems a little crazy to me, and that was the first "questionable" thing I found with the product. I also fewed 2 meals a day, so was putting it on both, then I cut down and although I still put it on both, I no longer measure with a measuring spoon, but instead just sprinkle it on. They come in a spice shaker type bottle with the holes in the lid.

I do the salt shaker application of the perio support and dust over the top of the food like I am sprinkling sugar over a funnel cake. LOL. That way the application is gaged to the amount of the food and the food is less for the smaller dogs. I think this works better than following the directions on the bottle.. The sprinkle application has worked really well for me. I do brush once a week. With the brushing combined with the perio support and it sprinkled over the top of the food I noticed the biggest difference in the teeth. I have chinese cresteds, worst teeth breed on the planet. I noticed a huge difference using this product in their teeth and gum health. Not to replace a proper dental by the vet, but the gums are healthier, less senstive and they quit bleeding with brushing and the dogs are so much less sensitive about their brushing too so I know this product is working well. I am out of it and have to order more and already notice tartar building again so I will be ordering more this week. Hope this helps. PS works terrific for my tibetan spaniel, my collie and my basset too... but most noticable on the cresteds... they can create heavy tartar in a week and even with yearly cleanings and hand scaling by me, they have lost quite a few teeth over the years. I am very happy with the perio support and how it works on my guys.

Adair

Last edited by a moderator:
Adair, do you still find that even though there is no tartar build-up with using the Perio Support, that the teeth still get a brownish coloring to them?

Yes mona I do...but when I brush them with an enzyme toothpaste like fetch chicken flavored toothpaste the brown comes off and there is white underneath. That is why I think this product works best combined with brushing... the peril powder softens..the brushinng removes...the more I did both..the better the teeth looked. Typing on the kindle..have no earthly idea why it addaed that quote to my reply.....duh. trying to fix now

edit to add the following...

OMG, I should never type on the kindle...LOL... that is CET chicken flavored toothpaste... not fetch.. LOL.

Perio powder.. not peril powder.... and the rest of the mis spelled stuff we can all just laugh at. Kindle was changing the words or something. haha.

I just tried to buy the powder for my doggies today and my vet is out. sigh. I think amazon carries it. seeya!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Adair.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back