Does this mean I have a paint?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is his mane white? Let's see the whole horse! Minis are often minimally marked even if they carry the tobiano pinto gene. (or sabino, splash, frame...)
Here is a good shot of his mane!

IMG_8485-1.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

One last shot, different lighting! I call this one, O So tired! LOL

IMG_0295.jpg

He is getting his winter coat in already! Luckily it isn't really long yet, supposed to be 104 tomorrow!!! Time to turn the misters back on!!!!

Kim

ah, so the white mane is because he's silver... no clues about his "pinto-ness" from the full body shots!

ah, so the white mane is because he's silver... no clues about his "pinto-ness" from the full body shots!
He looks brown to me? ( insert head scratching smiley here)

I will try to post some more pics later!

Ok, here are some recent one's! Sad to say, it is shots of his mane after he rubbed it all off.
default_sad.png
We are dealing with some itchiness right now! Getting better though, so that is good!

O So and Tiga!

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

His registration papers say Chesnut with Flaxen mane and tail!

Ok, here are some recent one's! Sad to say, it is shots of his mane after he rubbed it all off.
default_sad.png
We are dealing with some itchiness right now! Getting better though, so that is good!

O So and Tiga!

IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0418.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

His registration papers say Chesnut with Flaxen mane and tail!
default_doh.gif
....a good example of how WRONG colors can be on registration papers.

Your little guy is a Silver Black (his particular shade is also known as Chocolate Silver). It is the result of the silver gene on a black horse.

default_doh.gif
....a good example of how WRONG colors can be on registration papers.

Your little guy is a Silver Black (his particular shade is also known as Chocolate Silver). It is the result of the silver gene on a black horse.
Wow, I would have never figured him as silver black!!! He defenitly looks brown! I don't see silver in him at all in person, maybe in a few pics he may appear to have silver, but I chalked that up to the lighting!

How old O so is? I ask because one of the colts by my stallion LOOKED chestnut with flaxen mane and tail until he was nearly 3. Then he began to have odd white spots and each year those spots got bigger. He is now showing himself to be snowflake appy.

My guy did not show outward signs of being appy. He was born looking like a grey pinto (no "grey" in the background; he's silver dapple) but he darkens and lightens with the seasons and now (at 7 yr old) is getting more tiny white spots in different places on his body also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I would have never figured him as silver black!!! He defenitly looks brown! I don't see silver in him at all in person, maybe in a few pics he may appear to have silver, but I chalked that up to the lighting
Actually the silver is quite obvious--silver is what turns his black coat to brown (or chocolate) and turns his black mane and tail to that silver/white color.

Ok, my vet said he is a silver dapple!

That is just amazing how the colors work! I mean, he looks brown to me! LOL

That raises another question, but I will ask it in a new thread!
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back