Does someone own this book?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marnie

Reaction score
and Bruce Curtis?

I just happened to run across this on line and can't help but wonder if this is really in the actual book. There are 16 people listed as giving personal interviews. I happen to be one, I never gave an interview for a book and I can't imagine why they'd chose me anyway, it says Marnie Schwanke personal interview 2004. It's in with the list of 16 people.

http://books.google.com/books?id=ATPfBtylm...Q6AEwAzgK\

If anyone has this book, could you look and see if this is actually in the book? I'll feel better if it doesn't have me in a list like this and if it does, I'm real curious as to what I said? Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:
It actually is a published book, you can look it up online and where it can be bought, no I don't have it. It was written several years ago by a lady in NC. She did some reserch because I remember seeing where she was asking questions on a NC based horse forum. But never really heard anything else about it. I also heard she was doing one on draft horses too. Not even sure if she owns minis or not.

Hi

I found it.
default_wink.png

they took it off this forum inNov. 12, 2003 . You wrote about Narcolepsy.

In book it is on page 42

That's wierd. I barely know what the word means, just that the subject falls asleep suddenly. I know I'd never have written to much about it or certainly never given an interview.

And I don't want to buy the book and it only lets you look at the first few pages on line. I was just wondering what they said that I'd said, this really irritates me. I don't think what they did is legal.

Would anyone know how I could get ahold of the auther?

WOW, Well, I think I would be a bit concerned from a legal stand point if I were all of you, But it just goes to show the value of this site.

Book knowledge is wonderful, but this site gives real hands on advice, especially related directly to minis. If I were you all, I wouldn't know if I should be flattered or offended.

That's wierd. I barely know what the word means, just that the subject falls asleep suddenly. I know I'd never have written to much about it or certainly never given an interview. And I don't want to buy the book and it only lets you look at the first few pages on line. I was just wondering what they said that I'd said, this really irritates me. I don't think what they did is legal.

Would anyone know how I could get ahold of the auther?
It appears to be a quote from LB forum November 12, 2003; you mentioned a foal that was a fainter and a little about what you went through with her. Its about one paragraph worth. If you want more information about the paragraph in the book PM me.

I don't think at all that she should be flattered or offended! She should be "livid" that someone quoted something she said on this board, used her name and published it in a book without her permission! And they said she gave a personal interview when she didn't?? You bet the crap should be hitting the fan!
default_10_2_12.gif
default_10_2_12.gif

Oh, I recall that first little foal that fainted on me, I totally freaked out, I thought it was dead and I laid it down and it jumped back up, I'd hold it in my arms and it collapse again, did this a few times. Ran in to the house to put it on LB to find out what was wrong and here there was a thread on fainting foals.

But a quote with permission is one thing, an outright untruth like a personal interview is another. I guess as long as it's intelligent, it's ok. Don't like it all but life goes on, got other things to think about but thanks you guys for letting me know what she was talking about.

My extra special boy "Chips" that I share with Kim Landis of Crayonbox miniatures is on page 7 of that book.
default_saludando.gif
Nothing else to add.... just saw his photo when I was previewing the book on the link you attached.

Hmmm.... I never gave permission to publish as book from what people say on this forum.. I wonder how many other quotes there are from members here..
I see John and Amelia Murray from our area is on there as being interviewed. I e-mailed Amelia, and have not heard back, however she will most likely make a comment on this topic.

Hi

Not sure of the legal asspect. As for a public forum, do pepole have right to quote you in a book or any other publication?

I do know my daughter going to college for a teacher, gets alot of research papers thru the internet, books etc.

She just has to mark where she found the info. What book and person , in the reserch paper.

She may have had an email conversation with the author. I did. I think she was trying to credit everyone she had communicated with in any way. I don't believe that she had any ill intent whatsoever. It was long enough ago that maybe people forgot that they PM'd or emailed with her. It is a good book.

She may be a great person, it probably is a good book but no, no one talked to me personally about it. It has been a long time, but I'm not that forgetful yet. It doesn't matter, I was just shocked when I saw my name listed in there. I would like to know though, why a person would feel this is ok to do. Actually if someone had told me that what we were speaking of would end up in her book, I'd feel quite honored but that isn't the case here. Like I said though, it's in the past now.

Latest posts

Back