Does anyone use the Jeffers wormer?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
I was browsing Jeffers and they have their brand Ivermectin for just under $3 / tube (1,250 lb tubes)!!!!!! What a deal!! They have several that are under $3.00 per tube.

I normally purchase our wormer at TSC in the $9.00 - $14.00 per tube price range depending on brand ...

Has anyone used it? I just wonder if it is a deal worth taking advantage of or if it is a deal better to pass (quality of the product) ....

Last edited by a moderator:
I have in the past. Horse.com usually has better deals on Bimectrin (yes it is back and works wonderfully). I don't have any qualms with it.

I use Jeffers a lot. When you have more horses, the lower prices help. The "off names" don't seem to have any issues. They work fine.

I use it al the time. This past summer we had to take a mare to the vet for colic (she had got too hot over the weekend on a trip)the first thing the vet asked me, "Do you use those cheap wormers out of the magazine?" I told him I did and have never had a problem, I worm once a month. He said he has seen people that use the cheap wormers have lots of worms that they do not work that well. He took a sample of our mares poo (the hard way she did not like that
default_laugh.png
) and looked at it and came back surprised and said he only found 1 worm egg---very unusual and it was time for us to worm again that week. He told me to keep doing what I was doing. I think a lot of times "some" people buy cheap and do not worm as often as they should. It is not the wormers fault if people do not use it correctly.

I've always ordered wormer from either Horse.com or Jeffers. It was one or the other that used to run a special...free shipping with a $50.00 order (but not lately)....so I'd order $50.00 worth of wormer.

Even a double dose of the generic pyrantel brand was cheaper than one dose of the name brand.

I haven't come across any better deals anywhere else.

I always buy my wormer in bulk...sometimes they have a sale and its only $1.99 a tube..works great..same as the pricier stuff, it all contains the same amount of Ivermectin....I like the Bimectin also...my horses lick it off the tube! Yeah..looks like they did away with the FREE SHIPPING...bummer....

I use the Jeffers brand and have had no problems. I too have had a vet to a fecal sample and found no problems with worms. I also buy the Exodus Double Dose Tube from them and it works out to less than $3 per regular tube.

I just used Jeffers a few weeks ago and they do have Free Shipping for orders over $50. It isn't on their front page anymore but it is in their customer service page explaining the shipping.

I just ordered several tubes from Jeffers, they only charge $6 for "service" charge which I am guessing includes shipping. Thanks.

Yes anything under $50 from the livestock or equine catalogs (websites) is charged $6 for shipping.

Don't know how many you ordered but if you want to alter your order to over $50 you can call them same day to change your order.

Yep, I also use Jeffers or horse.com, whoever has the best deal when I order. Ivermectin is ivermectin, shouldn't be any big difference between them and it's always worked for my horses.

Jan

The patent for "ivermectin" just expired a year or 2 ago. So now lots of folks are selling "generic" brands. They work just as well - it's the same stuff without the fancy packaging and name. Just make sure the percentage is the same.

I was browsing Jeffers and they have their brand Ivermectin for just under $3 / tube (1,250 lb tubes)!!!!!! What a deal!! They have several that are under $3.00 per tube.

I normally purchase our wormer at TSC in the $9.00 - $14.00 per tube price range depending on brand ...

Has anyone used it? I just wonder if it is a deal worth taking advantage of or if it is a deal better to pass (quality of the product) ....

We use it, however we alternate with Equimax also

You can add me to the list of happy Jeffer's Ivermectrin users!
default_yes.gif

Country Supply, now Horse.com, has had generic wormers as low as $1.29 for YEARS and they used to have free shipping on all orders over $49 (it was their regular thing, not a special). Now you can only catch free shipping at Horse.com as a special. I have been satisfied with all of the generic wormers that I have tried over the years, I have never had an issue with their quality or effectiveness. My Paint Horse gelding is difficult to worm and has spit out more than one full dose of wormer in the past and when I was paying $14.99 retail for a tube of Quest I cried when that happened. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back