Does anyone know how many LWO+ foal's this stallion sired?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiny Hooves

Reaction score
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this question, but I am hoping someone might have an answer or an idea.

Does anyone know how many foal's Thousand Oaks Sir Lancelot sired that were LWO+?? I know that he was LWO+ and his sire is Cross Country's Call Me Sir who is also LWO+.

The reason that I am asking is that I have a 3 yr old colt out of Lancelot and my colt's full brother is LWO+. I will probably have him tested to find out for sure if he is LWO+, but I was just courious if someone might know of a number that Lancelot produced that were LWO+

Thanks in advance if you might know!!!!

I am sure there is no way to know the answer to your question because not everyone will have even tested their foals. And even if you knew the percentage, it would tell you nothing about your own foal. In the long run, the expected answer would be 50% and your colt has a 50% chance of being LWO+. But the only way to know for sure (short of finding out the hard way if he sires a lethal white foal) is to test.

I did not know that Lancelot was LWO+ ... I owned a son of his also purchased several other horses from Thousand Oaks at the time Lance was there and thought the only LWO+ stallion they had was Awesome. I know Sharman was breeding some Awesome daughters to Lancelot and vice versa .... so that why I am surprised to find this out, although I know he had overo markings like the son I had of his did. Hmmmmm ....

I know I am the proud mama of an Awesome son who is LWO+ though! (Just had to throw that in!)

I own a daughter of Lancelot....Thousand Oaks Lancelots Lady Stetson. She is lwo+ and I heard that her full sister Cameo is also lwo+. The Rowdy line is a strong carrier of lwo. I always test any horses with Rowdy in their background, pinto or not. I used to own a Rowdy bred solid black stallion with a tiny star that was lwo+.

Stetson-190-mod-2.jpg

K Sera, Love your Awesome son!!!

Thanks Jennifer! I fell in love with your Awesome first ... that is where it all started! When my guy was born, I was thrilled, to say the least!

I really didn't know Lance was LWO+ but I really didn't have any reason to question it ... I know my colt by Lance was beautiful and resembled Lance alot when he was young according to Sharman. I had him gelded though so never had to worry about that. Lancelot is a gorgeous stallion also ... silver bay overo.

Just thought I would add that of course we love Awesome - the filly in my avatar with the star is a granddaughter of Awesome out of the gray mare in the background. She got her gray from Blue Boy and her LWO+ from Awesome but the filly is LWO negative.

Latest posts

Back