Do Your Horses Use their Lean-To's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, no lean-to's here. When we only had Coco, dad build one for him and he had the WHOOOLE pasture to himself (he liked that). He would never go into the Lean-To and it was pretty big to. So we built a barn ....i didnt like the idea of having him out there all the time. Its still out in the pasture, none of them really go into it though. I do find Joey sleeping in there and he tries to hide in there from me when i have a halter in my hand ....gotta love that little thing!!
wub.gif

Leeana

mine had a nice snug draft free barn to stay in. The chose to be outdoors. During severe storms they would stand indoors with their heads out. I fed hay inside during the winter months but they eat and are back out again. They had paths through the pastures last winter with banks on the sides four feet high in some places.

[SIZE=14pt]We have a walk into the barn, those goofy critters can come and go as they please, I find them outside when I think they won't be, driving rain, snow, even sometimes in from the beautiful sun
new_shocked.gif
. I do ALWAYS find them in the wind, warm or cold, they don't like the wind.
[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to rain, almost all of ours are complete wimps, and will take off at a dead run for the shelter at the slightest hint of a drizzle. They don't usually mind wind and snow, however, and will frequently choose to stay out in bad winter storms. Weirdos!!

Latest posts

Back