Do you have any "idiosyncracies?"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
l don't know about others but when l go out to eat l ALWAYS have a need to dunk my knife spoon and fork in my glass of water and then wipe them of real good...l don't know where that comes from but drives the old thing and my kids crazy..l'd do my plate to but
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
never use those catchsup or mustard squeeze bottles either ya just never know about them and how many layers of new has been added to the old in the bottles
default_smileypuke.gif

Funny topic...

I too, am a toilet paper/paper towel OVER the roll person....and I also don't like my food touching, and usually eat one thing at a time. I like drinkin' my soda, but only from a can, it doesn't taste as good out of a bottle, so I won't drink it unless I can get it from a can.

I have to be covered up when I sleep, but also like to have one leg out of the blankets....doesn't matter which one, depending on how I'm sleeping (back, stomach...I sleep both ways), I'll have the closest leg to the side of the bed hanging out. And unlike some of you, I can't sleep with my hair up. My hair is always up in a pony tail when I'm awake, but I can't sleep with it up at night...it's always down. That's the only time it's down!

My hubby will help clean house when I'm in a crunch...but I end up doing most of it because I just have a certain order in which I think it needs to be done...and he doesn't do it that way (I mean, c'mon, you dust first, THEN vacuum...otherwise the dust remains on the floor)....amongst other things.....but it just silently irritates me enough that I just do it myself.

Someone here mentioned hating feet...as do I. I don't even like my own feet...and rarely am I without socks on. I just don't like feet....lol And hubby always picks at his before he goes to bed everynight. Drives me nuts!

I've got quite a few...but I'd really have to think about it.....reading these posts helped me come up with what I have, for the most part.

One thing that actually irritates me when I realize I'm doing it, is I never stand still. If I'm standing, talking to someone, sometimes it takes me awhile to realize I'm swaying back and forth. Now, when you have a baby, and are holding it, you have an excuse, but my "baby" is 9 now...I no longer have that excuse...but I do tend to sway. Another thing I just never outgrew....I can't leave scabs alone.... you'd think that's a kid thing...but guess not!

I have to smell the milk before I pore a glass, everytime!

I also hate when someone leaves the toliot seat up no matter whare I am, I always have to have it down.

When I do chores, it has to be done the same way in order everytime.

When i go food shopping, I always start at the back of the store and work my way up. And when i get to the registers, I have to put all glass, can, meat, frozen, boxed, personal care, veg/fruit, bread, chips in order on the convaror belt.

Bathroom paper AWAYS has to be over not under!

I HATE FEET TOO! Cant stand them, exspecially someone in flip flops!

Last edited by a moderator:
Melinda Dean said:
Sheets have to be straighten with no wrinkles before I get in.
Ditto.
default_rolleyes.gif
Flannel sheets aren't so bad but wrinkles in regular sheets drive me crazy!

BBH said:
This is a great and fun thread.......some very good long time friends of ours 15 year old daughter came up with this......'Normal is only a setting on the dryer'.......
Love it! Gotta remember that one.
default_biggrin.png

Leia

I have a few...

-I always have to bang my fork against the side of wheel barrow whenever I am doing stalls, I am not sure why, but I always MUST knock the wet bedding off. I go nuts whenever one of the little poops gets wedged between the tines close to the part of the fork attached to the handle.
default_wacko.png

-I always rinse the rim and the inside of buckets when refilling them and then swish the water around and dump it. Even if the buckets are clean, I have too!! I can't stand it when people just dump the water and then refill it with bits of hay in there!

-I must walk around with socks on, I am not sure why but I always feel the need to wear socks, without them, I feel naked!

-I prefer to wear socks when I sleep because whenever my feet do not sweat, they suddenly begin too whenever I think about it while laying in bed, I hate it if my feet stick to the sheets, hence the socks.

-I cannot reuse the same glass for multiple different beverages. I can only use a glass I drank water out of for water, a glass for juice, a glass for milk etc. I have a strange thought that if I reuse a glass that contained water in it, then poured milk in it, the milk would become watered down! I think that may be the time when I was at my Aunts house when I was little and she froze her milk, thawed it, so when I drank it, it was watery
default_rolleyes.gif

-I only really like to drink pop out of the bottle if it is room temperature. The only way I can drink it with ice is if it is in a plastic Pepsi cup at a small town diner. I find that iced tea out of the bottle (Arizona) is only good warm, the ice I feel detracts from the flavour.

-I prefer water out of the tap without ice.

-When people smack their lips while eating I go crazy, I can hear them even if they are on the other side of the house
default_new_shocked.gif

Well, that is just a few of them, there certainly are some interesting ones on here. Loved reading this thread
default_saludando.gif

Dan.

hmm lets see..

I cannot use a public restroom.. i cannot even walk into one!

i will not go anywhere by my self

no one is aloud to fill the dish washer, if they do, they do it wrong and i get mad

i cant stand it when someone scrapes their utensils on a plate

if im on the phone and you want to say something, you must wait till im off the phone, or ill blow LOL

i too do chores in the EXACT same order EVERY time no matter what

i can handle a lot of things.. you name it. except for snot i cant even wipe my own kids noses with out gagging!

i dont like shoes/ boots. ill wear sandals as much as possible, or be barefoot

every time someone burps and doesnt say ;excuse me i mutter 'pig' under my breath lol i dont really mean to... haha

i dont allow someone else to shave the minis, im too worried that they would screw up lol

i have a ton more.. just cant remember them

One thing I do that is kind of different is when I go out to dinner and there are more place settings on the table than we are going to use, I stick them in my plate when I am finished so if someone played with them before me the next guy gets clean dinnerware. I wish it was done for me. Another thing I do is when I go to a motel I have Lysol in hand. Go into the room I spray the floor as I go in. I lift the mattress to look for bed bugs. I spray the sheets, blanket and bedspread (both sides). Then I spray the sink, toilet and tub. Then I bring my stuff in. There are lots more but....

I need to stop reading this thread because reading it's reminding me of how neurotic I actually am. I keep thinking "yeah, I do that, too..."
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png
default_wacko.png

I need to stop reading this thread because reading it's reminding me of how neurotic I actually am. I keep thinking "yeah, I do that, too..."
default_rolleyes.gif
default_laugh.png
default_wacko.png
hehe...me, too!

I left out my wierdest one -- I'm allergic to the phone.

I hate talking on the phone and almost never call anyone. I get sweaty palms when the phone rings. Once on the phone, I'm a nervous talker and find it difficult to politely end the call, so I keep talking. Blech.

I have to use the phone for my business, but even then I much prefer email.

I am the same way about the phone, just hate to make calls. I don't mind answering so much, but hate to make them. Major procrastinator, but if I can email or text I am on it.

Jill, you aren't strange at all, after all, if a lot of us do these things, we all must be normal, right?
default_yes.gif

susanne said:
I hate talking on the phone and almost never call anyone. I get sweaty palms when the phone rings. Once on the phone, I'm a nervous talker and find it difficult to politely end the call, so I keep talking. Blech.
Oh so THAT'S it!
default_laugh.png

Leia

I just thought of a couple more.

I hord toilet paper. I think it is because when I was a kid we had an out house and used the Sears & Robuck more than once or twice.

I mix my mashed potatos and vegitable (corn, peas or green beans) together.

I put a ton of crackers in my soup so it is thick enough to eat with out dripping off of my spoon. Blaim my mom for that one. When I was a kid I would spill my soup all over me so she crushed up crackers in it. Now I that is just the normal way I eat soup.

I have to use the phone for my business, but even then I much prefer email.
Me, too! especially the nervous talking. Not sure if I'm allergic, but definitely prefer not to talk on the phone. Only person I talk much on the phone wiht is my mom, she doesn't have a computer, or I'd probably just e-mail her too.
default_wacko.png

HA!! I have never felt more "normal" after reading these!
default_wink.png

Okay: I always smell the milk before I pour it in my glass to drink it, even if it is a brand new gallon. Can't drink it without smelling it.

Even when we raised chickens and had dozens of eggs to sell and give away, I always bought eggs from the store-didn't like how dirty the shells were when you gather them and don't like the thick yellow yolks (which people tell me is what makes farm fresh eggs so good).

I am a checker: go out to feed the horses, check and double check the gates; set my alarm clock, turn it off, reset it just to make sure; lock the back door and then walk back and double check it one more time.

I really like hand sanitizer-keep it in my car and use it everytime I leave a store, etc. I keep it on my desk at work and use it often (I work in a doctor's office) and sometimes I feel compelled to use it just after speaking with certain people/patients on the phone...gives me the chills just typing about it! I know, BAD!!

I too prefer the toilet paper rolled from over the top and I buy plenty-usually a pack every time I go to the grocery store. Who wants to run out of toilet paper?!? I don't hoard it-just like to have an extra pack around. My husband makes fun of me about this. I may just let him run out sometime and see who is laughing then! Please don't judge me...
default_biggrin.png

I do so love reading this topic, and thank you all for confiming that I'm perfectly NORMAL!

Hate making/receiving phone calls, keep loads of spare loo rolls plus panic when the kitchen rolls look like running out, loo seat ALWAYS down and loo rolls facing forwards, always double check door and gate catches (never check the house as dont even know where the keys are coz up here we never lock up anyway, plus keys are always left in the vehicles), people MUST wipe down any work surface as soon as they have finished preparing any food, chairs must be replaced back under the table as soon as you get up and any table mats replaced EXACTLY as they were before use, any ashtrays must be left EXACTLY where I have put them - go and sit by the nearest one if you smoke, but do NOT move them.

I could go on and on, but as you can see from the above, I'm ANOTHER TOTALLY NORMAL PERSON!
default_saludando.gif

Anna

AnnaC, I used to not lock the doors. Then for some reason one night I did lock up. Around 4:00am two hispanic men came and tried the door knob. Then they knocked. They kept telling me to let them in. Then Brandi made herself known and they left. I always lock up now. Also, I always left my truck unlocked. Then someone went through my papers in the truck. I locked it after that. But one night I forgot and left it unlocked. They got in my truck again and this time left the door open. They got in my neighbors car and truck that night too and left their doors open too.

Back