Do Falabella genetics have overo colouring

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, Castle Rock for replying. I encouraged her to ask this question on LB and was hoping you could help her out.
default_smile.png

"overo" just means anything except Tobiano, so yes, of course, even Arabs have Sabino and Splash- do Falabellas have Frame? Pretty sure they do but would like a definite answer on that one....

Thank you for the information. One more question do you have any breeders who focus on Overos in Falabella?

The only pattern that really carries the name "overo" these days is Frame, the other two patterns, Splash and Sabino are seperate and definitely in Falabellas. We are not sure of Frame, however....

I can answer that Jane , yes Falabellas do have Frame, I used to own one , Diane Im sure you have him in your data base , Micatos milltown Magic , he is visually solid black with two blue eyes , he tested positive LWO

38460_1390186829420_4116596_n.jpg

if you want to study the bloodlines to see where it came from Ive attached the pedigree info on both of his parents although it does seem to have come from his dam toyland side

scan0002.jpg

fmha5.jpg

fmha6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm SO sorry- I knew that!! It was nagging at the corner of my mind and I just could not remember who it was.....

he produced splash and frame babies ,it looks like the splash also came from mum although his sire did have socks so who knows , heres a pic of Toyland Patia , not great but its all I have ,

Picture 024.jpg

the only purebred that I can tell you had frame was "Celticmist Firecracker" but he died of colic six months after I sold him I cant say for sure if he also had splash but he did have a blue eye , most of Micatos Milltown Magics foals were blends and none of them had loud frame markings ,several had blue eyes in fact most of them had just a star and a snip sometimes with a tiny white coronet so Im pretty sure that he had some kind of restriction gene ,

47865_1443405479853_459154_n.jpg

Diane I wondered if you also wanted this for your data base , I can email you a copy of the original if you want

scootLWO.jpg

Latest posts

Back