Do any of you have to export to the UK

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystalbank

Reaction score
I've never had to transport a horse overseas, but I'm seeing some really lovely looking minis on here and if ever something comes up that I really like I'd like to know if I could afford it with shipping fees.

Do any of you know roughly how much the shipping can cost and what you have to do to ship overseas?

Hi, if you would like to contact us ( either pm me or go through our website and e mail ) I can talk you through the whole process. We have imported four in the last 18 months. It is not difficult, but can be expensive.
default_smile.png

I've never had to transport a horse overseas, but I'm seeing some really lovely looking minis on here and if ever something comes up that I really like I'd like to know if I could afford it with shipping fees.
Do any of you know roughly how much the shipping can cost and what you have to do to ship overseas?
default_saludando.gif

[color=#FF00FF]Hello,

its costs a sml fortune, I have just bougth three in. The last one arrived 20th March and it cost as much as the horse did.

1. Cost of horse.

2. transportation to quarintine station, anywhere between $0 - $1000.00 depends where you have to transport to.

3. quarintine, vet checks etc. $2600.00 for a mare $2650.00 for a stallion.

4. Administration $45.00

5. arrival at euopean airport, has become very expencive to fly to Preswick, Scotland, as they want you to ship a minimum of 6. We shipped the last one to Luxumbourg, cost was 960.00 euros.

6. Transporter from Lux to England, £400.00 for a shared load, for a single horse it will cost £650.00-£1000.00 depending on transporter.

Be careful on a shared load and hauler, they dont pick up when they say they will so you end up paying for over night stabling. 50.00 euros .

Best option, to find other like minded people and get a shipment of 6 together for Prestwick, Scotland, you can collect your self and save money. Very easy. We did that run in January.Saved us about £600.00.

I can reccomend EZ 2 SPOT QUARENTINE STATION, COULD NOT RATE THEM ENOUGH, GO OUT OF THEIR WAY TO HELP IN ALL ASPECTS.

Personally, be VERY CAREFUL, WHOM YOU BUY FROM, ask for video footage, pics of all angles, paperwork, list goes on.

I would reccomend : Reflections Miniature horse farm, Germels Farm, American miniature horses...We have had outstanding service from these ladies.

Once you have decided on horse, email you quarentine station, they do the rest, USA side and can help with transport this end.

If you would like any more info, email.

with kind regards

wjs[/color]
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've sold horses to the UK, France and the Netherlands. I know it's not inexpensive but can be within reason if you ship more than one. Two horses or more can normally fly in a container, so it's less per horse if more than one goes. You might check with some of the quarantine facilities for more info on quarantine and shipping. Shortview Exporting, EZ 2 Spot Ranch, Nedpoint Quarter Horses, Oasis Miniatures. Any of these would be happy to answer your questions.
default_smile.png

I have shipped to France for the last two years, different farms. I use an exporter in Texas and they do a wonderful job. They take good care of the Minis, kept me and the buyers informed all the way and kept the expenses down as best she could.

I too would recomend buying more than one, as the costs for the second one drop.

It is expensive though, so be careful how you buy and who you buy from. The worst thing that could happen is buying a horse that is not what you expected. So do your research carefully. Buy not for pedigree, or color, but buy for conformation and the look that you want.

Tony has done tons of overseas shipping to various countries- you could email him. I believe his place is also an approved quarantine facility as well.

I don't know though if the UK will be changing how imports work, as we now have some confirmed CEM cases here in the US. You might want to check on your end to see if the UK is going to change import quarantine requirements.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back