Disney (Rescue) Geldings have arrived!!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimama

Reaction score
Good morning! I just wanted to post that the two geldings that were/are a rescue from CMHR and went to Disneyland for a while, are now here with me, all safe and sound and tucked into their new rooms. They have adjoining stalls with an open area they can talk to each other and nuzzle each other at will.

They got here in the middle of a major rain storm last night about 11:30. I put them in their stalls and they immedaitely started eating. Smee was cold and shivering so I put a blanket on him and he seemed to like that. They are both very gentle and sweet. I will try to get some pictures in the next day or two and post them. As soon as this mare of mine foals, they will be going to the vet to get all checked out. Since coming into the rescue they have gotten great care but I want to make sure they continue to get what they need.

So, A HUGE!!!!! thank you to Jennifer of Sweet Opal Miniatures, who housed these guys in the interim between Disneyland and here. She gave them a lot of love and took excellent care of them. Jennifer also made sure to call me and email me regularly on their progress and what they were like, so I am very grateful to her for all she did. Jennifer is also the person that arranged the transport that was dontated to get these two up here to me.

On that note, thank you ever so much to Hauled Wright Transport. They did a beautiful job and it is so appreciated!! I was called and kept informed of their wherabouts the whole time. And what nice people!!!

I also would like to thank Andrea (Disneyhorse) whose efforts on the behalf of these boys is so greatly appreciated. Andrea is the one who arranged for them to go to Disneyland originally and that was so wonderful. I want to retire to Disneyland too!!!! It was too bad that it didn't work out, but what an incredible effort on Andreas part. Thank you so much!!!!!

They are now in a place they can stay as long as needed. If it is temporary becuase they find a permanent home, that is fine, if it is permanent that is fine too. They will not be seperated and they will have a bunch of love and attention as long as they are here.

We have decided to go with the names Disneyland gave them, so while they are here they will remain Hook, and Smee.

Thank you all again,

Stacy

I am so glad they continue to be loved in their journey through life in their old age... they truly are VERY sweet boys and did not deserve the unfair treatment in their past. I get the "feeling" from them that they used to be show horses "in their day" but due to some unknown circumstances fell into ill hands as they aged. I think it's truly sad, and no horse deserves that in their life.

Give Hook and Smee a hug for me, I miss their insistent nickers for their food every day!

Thank you all for your kind hearts,

Andrea

This truly makes my heart happy (and the rest of me too) It took a while and a lot of coordination but these boys are where they belong. Without the love and caring of all the people involved these boys would still be in a very poor situation, but all I can say is you guys are great!!! It never ceases to amaze me how how a group like this can pull together to help all these very needy animals. Thank you all so much!
default_wub.png
:

Ginny StP

So glad to hear they are in a safe and happy place and together. Thank you for providing this.

default_smile.png

Liz M.

Bless you for taking these guys in ... you have a wonderful heart and sounds like they're doing great!! Can't wait to see updated pictures!! :aktion033:

Liz R.

Latest posts

Back