Did you all hear Robin Williams died?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
I feel so bad. I really liked his movies. I completely remember Mork and Mindy. He could totally make me laugh.

Favorite movie, probably Good Morning Vietnam.

I just heard late last night too. It's ironic that the people who seem most lighthearted are often the ones who carry so much sorrow. My favorite movies from him were Good Morning Vietnam and Mrs Doubtfire. My black and white dog in my avatar that we rescued many years ago was originally named Mork. The rescue had named him that, he didn't know the name yet and my husband hated the name so we changed it to Radar. Didn't the actress who played Mindy get murdered many years ago by a stalker? Maybe I am thinking of someone else?

Mindy is alive and well. It was the woman who played Pam Dauber's sister in the show "my sister sam" who got murdered.

Depression is very complex.

How sad for his family and how sad for all of us who enjoyed his wit and humor and hilarious antics. I just watched the movie dead poets society this past week and mrs Doubtfire was one of my favorite movies.

I was shocked and saddened by the news last night.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved his movies all of them. He was such a talented person. Its so sad that someone who made the rest of us laugh had so many demons inside. My sympathy goes to the family. Such a tragic end

RIP Robin Williams.

Julie

Victory Pass Stable

Maine

Very few depression meds have that reaction.people can still be depressed and suicidal even with meds

So sad that someone who bought so much Joy and laughter to us all couldn't find the help he needed to help him thru what he was battling.

Sometimes Its the strongest people that really need someone to ask them "Are you ok " ?

RIP Robin Williams

I have anxiety and depression combo and its hard to control either because they can over ride your meds. My meds work pretty good at keeping those at bay but I have had episodes where the meds cant hold an episode back.

Just heartwrenching. I think a lot of times, the people who are most artistically gifted, are also very troubled. Maybe their sensitivity to what makes others happy contributes to their gift but also makes them more vulnerable to emotions inside. He will be so deeply missed.

This morning, I saw this video of him from 2001 with Koko. She's the gorilla who knows sign language. She had not laughed in 6 months, but then Robin Williams spent some time with her. Made me cry.

Koko the Gorilla with Robin Williams.mp4:

Last edited by a moderator:
His humor was genius. I feel a deep sadness that he was troubled and evidently unable to share it with someone to help make life more bareable for him. I wonder if he realized how much he brightened people's days. Perhaps that even overwhelmed him?

In the news today, his wife says he had the early stages of Parkinson's disease. I haven't read the article, just the headline, so don't know the details.

According to the news reports, his wife last saw him on the evening prior to the tragic event (10:00-10:30-ish PM) The next day she walked her dog, and then went shopping. ...without noticing.

I'm curious... regarding how other people behave. I just can't picture this. Even when my husband's being particularly annoying, I would never leave the house without checking on him. It just seems kind of odd to me that she didn't notice, (not sure how long it takes for rigor mortis to set in.) I don't get it.

Latest posts

Back