did anyone watch Judge Judy ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norah

Reaction score
Hi ,

I am sure most of you have seen the post of the trainer that had a friends horse in her care for training , and the horse got badly injured while undergoing her training methods. Did anyone see the Judge Judy episode ? I watched it on you tube , and i dont believe it was edited ..... I was really shocked by Judge Judy, was anyone else shocked ? Judy was very harsh on the obviously emotionally distrought woman. IMO emotions , such as crying and shaking are real feelings , and putting this woman down was a bit insensative . Does anyone agree? The wounds explaine themselves , i dont want this to be a battle about whether or not she did this as the judge decided this for us . But does anyone feel like the judge was a bit excessive on debrah? Sharon just laughed the whole time , and that really made me upset , because the real issue is the poor horse that had her toungue slashed to pieces from a bit that the horse showed signs of not fitting correctly. I know most of us have been faced with a situation where we trusted a horse person with our beloved family member , only to later regret it ...how do you feel about this everyone ?

wish I could but I am a fool at computers ...go to you tube and go to Judge judy and to the ridiculous owner trainer part look under the date Feb 4th 2012

I posted the link above....
default_smile.png

I am not picking any side (though I will say, I do not like Judge Judy at all), but I thought i'd put this link up to show that are 2 sides to every story (which, sadly, is always hard to see on Judge Judy episodes), and this one has a LOT more documentation to back it up:

http://www.doublejranchperformancehorses.com/

Link to the downloadable story at the top. This site is secure. I've been on it twice now.

What is the short version of that link? I'm on dial up & it says it will take 33+ minutes for it to load--I am NOT taking that kind of time to open it up.

Had I been watching my horse being what I thought was abused I would have NO problem telling someone to back off from my horse. My horses treatment is my first concern. I saw the injury and there had to be a good bit of blood from that injury. I have never seen any good come from harsh handling of a horse. My opinion is that she (horse owner) should have ended the training session and most likely taken her horse home. I had an arab trainer tell me to train a horse to stand and stretch it's neck you had to hit the horse on the point of the shoulder with a twitch handle. I told the guy if he ever took a twitch handle to my horses shoulder I would take a twitch handle to him. So, I guess what I am saying is Judge Judy, while she is brash and loud about something, She was right. The woman should have taken her horse before there was an injury.

I did read through the 14 pages of Mrs Jeffco defending herself .... Its really a bad situation . I dont believe either one of them should own horses ... the only smart thing I have seen is Mrs Dobbs using a hackamore ! I believe this horse should NEVER have a bit in its mouth again , its clear that both partys have abused this poor horses mouth : (

So sad for that horse
default_no.gif
default_no.gif
I wish the trainer had completed a medical with a Vet. prior to taking that horse in for training.

Personally if I was in the training business I would want a certificate from the owner's vet stating that the horse was "fit" and able to be trained. Also, the check up should be on the day the horse was accepted in the training facility.

What a horrible situation.

One reason I have never sent a horse to a trainer. There are so many, even some well known, who call themselves a trainer and certainly dont come close by any stretch of the imagination. I have heard of so many, in all breeds of horses, that are abusive in many different forms.

Part of this is an owners fault- they want the '30 day wonders' and to put the least amount of money into training that they can get by with. They want 'instant results' and to win. The forced and rushed training, doesnt last in the long run, and unfortunately neither do the horses in many cases, either mentally or physically.

Wow ,,,after reading,the 14 pages,i dont know who to believe....those pictures,are horrible....poor misty...

yea , funny ..I guess "rocket" was the trainers horse ...trained and raised by the trainer, yet this horse nearly killed the owner "debrah" ... Misty was the owners horse trained by sharon but raised by deborah ..... if a horse that i purchased from my trainer almost killed me i would be rethinking the trainers methods ....warning warning , danger danger .... I also see the point that the cuts on the toungue had old tissue , thus the injuries were there before but not open ...something had to happen to get them all open again . so that would be the bit the trainer put in the mouth .... then I think , if that horse had a previous injury , and the woman that put the new wounds on the horse was the old trainer also .... i am thinking this was not the first time the trainer saw blood from using this bit ... shame on you Sharon , however there was a mention of a man training Misty , Id be asking the male trainer how he trained poor Misty ...

I personally think the injuries were from the other trainer,then when the bit was put imto her mouth,it cut them back open...it is very sad for misty,but i wish we really knew what happened,for all we know,mistys owner may have set her friend up,so she wouldnt be stuck with a vet bill.

So how did Judge Judy rule?
Well the trainer basiclly already payed her off so there was no reason for this whole case to happen in the first place so no body won. Do I think Judge Judy was fair to the owner, yes and no. The owner's case IMO just didn't sit right with me. I think Judge Judy felt the same. The trainer yeah she was a joke on tv and she would have lost, but she would not had to pay the $5000 that the owner was asking for, but those who think Judge Judy was so horrible to the owner honestly thats just who she is and that owner's case wasn't good to begin with. I wish they would have gone on Judge Joe Brown, that would be been a very interesting show.

Unfortuantly that horse will never be the same.

You are so beautiful and the wig is VERY natural looking.
default_wub.png
I would never have guessed had you not told us.

You are amazingly strong and it shows!
default_yes.gif
And thank you for posting pictures as others who have never gone through such a thing have no idea - of how hard it is, but also how it is possible to get through it and come out on top.
default_aktion033.gif
I won't claim to know your experiece as mine was WAY less involved. I only had one surgery on one spot under the left side of my nose, sort of between my nose and my lip. My surgeon says the small scar that is left is only visible at "conversation distance." Personally, I always forget it's there unless I have a fantom "itch" in that area. And those itchs happen less and less frequently as the years pass.

Sending prayers to you for a continued recovery.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back