Did anyone go to the Billings MT auction?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CNC MINIS

Reaction score
If anyone went to the Billings Sale can you post prices?

Thank you,

Christy

a lady i know went and she said prices were really low,
default_no.gif
she said that nice small reg mares went for $175-$200 , nice stallions went for $150-$300, foals were $100-$250, loose minis went for about $200-$300, and two geldings that were broke to drive were $900 and $750, she said she picked up a nice 40" mare for $85.

a lady i know went and she said prices were really low,
default_no.gif
she said that nice small reg mares went for $175-$200 , nice stallions went for $150-$300, foals were $100-$250, loose minis went for about $200-$300, and two geldings that were broke to drive were $900 and $750, she said she picked up a nice 40" mare for $85.

OMG, those prices are extra pathetic, I know our prices aren't great in MT, but that's just pathetic. I could bring home a whole nother herd for those prices (not that my hubby would let me). And, I'd spend more in gas just getting them the 6 hours home (NE MT).

If I may ask a stupid question. What are "loose minis"?
They are run through the ring loose; no handler, no tack and often little information (unless they happen to have papers, then you might get a name read off the papers). [At least that's what loose means at the local auction here.]

I'm surprised that the loose minis would be in a higher price range than the mares and stallions.

Sadly those prices are pretty common and have been for quite a while at auctions. I have a friend who has picked up SEVERAL sound and well broke large horses since early spring. Many papered - some halter prospects all for about 300 or less
default_new_shocked.gif
She has seen minis run thru for 30 -40 bucks some broke to drive and many papered

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh for sure those are fairly normal prices for a lot of auctions. We don't have any sales that are specifically Mini sales right around here, just some open sales where those prices are the norm for big horses. When a Mini comes through it quite commonly sells for $25 to $50--even if they are papered, at these kinds of sales the sellers usually don't let the papers go with them. That's why I'm surprised that the loose minis at this sale would have been bringing $200 to $300. Here they'd be $25, maybe $45 if it were a nice looking one.

Yep those would be typical prices for minis at auctions in my area. . . . I honestly don't know why we continue to be surprised by low prices at auctions. . .I would be much more surprised by high prices!

Sellers take note - the only thing that seems to sell for decent prices in my area are broke minis.

Back