Derby Classic Miniature Horse Sale - TODAY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the link
default_wink.png

Wow, I am just so in love with some of these horses! I wanted to bid on This Heart's For You so badly but I was good
default_no.gif

lot number 48 I thought was nice... but appearently no one else liked her as much as me...

Some lucky new owners got a really good buy on some of the bred mares. They had some nice horses go thru the ring.

Tune into the miniature horse sale live from Denton Texas
Tack starts at 10 am

Walden Hill Equipment - starts at 11:45 a.m - Jerald Cart, Easy Entry Cart, one harness, Ultrasound Machine & Breeder Alert System.

Live Cam

Derby Classic Catalog

I was so disappointed. I have been able to view catalog with no problems. Could not get the silverlight to load, said it did not regonize my processor. After more than an hour of trying to get it to work, I gave up. Hope everything went well at the sale.

Well I was lucky enough to go.

There were some really nice mares and stallions for that matter.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to even come close to buying Blue Bandolero.

But I was lucky enough to come home with lot 51. She is simply beautiful.

She will go nice with my buckskin stallion if I don't decide to show her.

Well I was lucky enough to go.There were some really nice mares and stallions for that matter.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to even come close to buying Blue Bandolero.

But I was lucky enough to come home with lot 51. She is simply beautiful.

She will go nice with my buckskin stallion if I don't decide to show her.
That was a filly that I was looking at - and would have loved to have bought (but I am trying to downsize) - she is very very nice!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

It was a decent sale, Madge Glen got a heck of a stallion and the the Red Tape Stallion was nice also. Good bunch of horses all in all and the prices were up and down with tthe really good horses bringing the money and the next tier being bargains IMHO.
default_yes.gif

We ended up buying a Snippet Grand Daughter that had a black & White Mime Colt beside her and bred back to Mime. And then we bought the long necked bred mare lot # 63 from Double Dimond. I can't wait to ge tthem home.
default_wub.png

I think we have lost our minds, like we needed more horses. LOL But it is so hard to pass on good ones that will work in the breeding program.
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we have lost our minds, like we needed more horses. LOL But it is so hard to pass on good ones that will work in the breeding program.
default_wacko.png

It is so hard to pass up on these prices I agree. I have managed so far but for those in this industry for the long haul not sure there will another time to get such quality horses for such great prices

Hi, Does anybody know who bought these horses?

LUCKY FOUR APACHES SMALL WONDER

LEGENDS BLUE DECEPTION

LUCKY FOUR DANCE THE TANGO

LUCKY FOUR GALAHAD REBELEENA

LUCKY FOUR GALAHAD REBELEENA

ALLIANCE BRIGHTSIDE

LUCKY FOUR REBELS SUNBEAM

VERMILYEA FARMS BE MY VALENTINE

LITTLE KINGS DREAM DIVA

WALDEN HILL WALLSTREET DESIGN

LUCKY FOUR BLACK VELVET EXOTICA

CHAMPION FARMS MIDNIGHT STAR

ROYS TOY SNIPPET JULIET

WALDEN HILL THIS HEARTS FOR YOU

FALLEN ASH EAGLES LUXE LAVENDER

Thanks!

Alyssa

John, you bought the two I wanted LOL. I was at home in front of the computer......sitting on my hands! You got some nice mares and a heck of a colt I think. I'd also like to have had the Fire & Ice daughter from what I could see online.

Jan

The comment about for those in for the long haul is a true statement if I have ever heard one. You have to have good horses to produce good babies
default_yes.gif

We have been in this deal for over 20 years and intened to be till we can't physically do it anymore and then pass the herd on to the grandkids.
default_biggrin.png

So it is imperative for us anyway to constantly eveluate and attempt to upgrade the breeding herd. I always hate to see folks work as hard as so many do to breed good horses (large & small farms) and then disperse them. Hopefully that will not happen with our farm as several of the grandkids have expressed interest in continuing on with them.
default_wink.png

Alyssa, we bought lot 45 Lucky Four Dance the Tango, that is the Bond Snippet grandaughter I was talking about bred back to Mime and with a Mime colt by herside. The mare is nice, but the black & White colt is what we were really looking at. We nearly bought his daddy a couple of years ago and regret not having bought him about 10 minutes after we turned him down
default_wub.png

Jan, sorry we bought the ones you liked, but we thought they were some of the steals of the sale. But you and Rich are always welcome to come see them and I will even cook a steak or two for all of us.
default_cheekkiss.gif

Another real steal was the WF Stepping Out Stallion at 10,000. He is a really good producer and should do well for his new owners. We have a full Bay brother to him that we turned down 20,000.00 for and have not for sale on him now days. WF See Me Shine. Both of these stallions are full brothers to Spectacular Bey who is in France now and brought 50,000.00 at the world sale a couple of years ago. Vanessa who is the Dam of all three died a couple of years ago and was one of the best mares Wind Flight/ERL farms had.
default_thumbup.gif

All in all a good day for the industry and in my opinion we are on our way back with good horses still bringing decent money.
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif

I think we need to lobby Jana and Gary to get with AMHA and put on the World Sale, I for one am going to miss it this year. And then they need to do the same for AMHR LOL. They put on a good sale!!!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't believe they didn't sell the DD cart! My mouth was watering here at home from some of the prices.

Hi John,

Congats on your purchase of Dance The Tango! I wondered who bought her. I was very surprised to see her in the sale. The foal she has by her side and the one she is carrying is by a son of Mime, Sequoia Majestic Mime. Majestic is truely a gorgeous example of the foals we get from Mime and I'm so proud to be a part of miniature horse history by being the breeder of this fine stallion.

Yes, I would like to see the World Sale continue as well. That was a big event and quite a draw from around the world. I guess it would be too late for this year to try to put one on?

Beth

I am still kicking myself for not buying him when we had the chance, I told Cindy not to and am still regretting it.
default_sad.png
default_frusty.gif

You should be very proud of him Beth, he is awesome to say the least. Stay in touch and let us all know how things are going.
default_cheekkiss.gif

I wish someone could/would post the selling/no sale prices. I would have loved to have attended that sale with a huge bankroll in my pocket. Congrats to all who came away with some exquisite horses.

Laura

Prices and no sales are listed on the Derby Day site now - very nice of them to do so.

Jan

Latest posts

Back