Bluegrass MH Club Annual Horse Sale April 10 & 11th

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connie Ballard

Reaction score
The Bluegrass Miniature Horse Club would like to invite you to join them for their Annual Sale...so mark your calendars because SPRING is COMING.....time to think about getting ready for shows, training, breeding...and enjoying our miniature horses.

Our sale has many well-bred, beautiful horses consigned, so plan on joining us!

FRIDAY...April 10, 2009 PREVIEW the SALE HORSES & Chili Supper - Friday, April 10th(note...this club is know for GOOD food!!!!)

SATURDAY, April 11, 2009

Tack will start selling at 9:00 A.M.

HORSES will start selling at 12:00 Noon
Shelby County Fairgrounds, Shelbyville, Kentucky

Tack Vendors: Clearview Farm - Ray Farmer and Double Diamond Tack - Jana Nichols

For more information, full details...see the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Club website at

Bluegrass Miniature Horse Club

The website has information you can download and print along with contacts for further info on the sale.

Will a list of horses consigned to the sale be posted on the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Association's website or will a printed list or a printed sale catalog of horses consigned to the sale be available before the sale?

Will a list of horses consigned to the sale be posted on the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Association's website or will a printed list or a printed sale catalog of horses consigned to the sale be available before the sale?
Yes pictures that become available to the club will be on the website. A catalog will be available at the sale or Friday nite at the Chili supper.

I'll ask again, because this part of my question was not answered: Will a list of horses consigned to the sale be posted on the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Association's website?

A printed catalog only available the day before the sale and the day of the sale is not going to entice me to go all of the way out there, I am afraid (and I know that I am not the only person that bases their decision to go to a particular sale on knowing what is going to be available at the sale before the sale).

The ad flyer for the show says that:

"Also internet access to the show catalog on the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Association web page", so I would think so.

I have asked Billie to further respond to you inquiry as she may be able to give you the date it will be available online.

Thanks Suzie! I am not familiar with this sale. I am new to Miniature Horses (not horses) and I just joined the Bluegrass Miniature Horse Association last year.

Hi Angela,

I talked with Don Rickert, Bluegrass MH Club President, about when an online preview of the horses consigined to the sale will be available to view. He said they always wait till March 15th to post the list of consignments online because the deadline to advertise and consign a horse is March 30th, then the sale catalog will go to print.

We're sorry it isnt avilable till then, but since the deadline is March 30th, we have to wait till closer to the deadline to post the listing online. We think it is going to be a really good sale! Look forward to seeing everyone there!

The Bluegrass Club's sale is a great place to both buy and sell. Have done both over the course of the past 7 or 8 years, and have never been disappointed. Plus it seems like since the Rickerts have taken over the management of it, the quality of the horses has only improved. If I was in the market for a really nice, well-bred little horse at a fair price, I'd have no problem at all going that far without even seeing a sales list. Great sale!!!!

I have attended this sale the last 4 years in a row. I wouldn't miss it..

I always buy lots of tack and a couple of years I have even bought horses. As a matter of fact, I even bought a mare from Ginia who replied to this thread as well..

I highly recommend it to anyone. The Rickertt's do a great job!

Latest posts

Back