Death of owner... AMHR registration question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disneyhorse

Reaction score
Here is the situation:

Husband and wife have a lot of registered horses. Wife is in nursing home in very very poor health, husband passes away.

Horses are registered as just the wife, some are wife AND husband, some are wife AND/OR husband.

Son is liquidating the herd and allows a family friend to help sell horses. Gives stack of papers to friend.

I am wondering how any buyers can expect transfers to get signed in this situation?

I would think the person who is executor of the estate or have power of attorney would be able to sign.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been in this situation before... being sold a miniature from a Death/Estate situation. It was the POA power of attorney who had the authority to sign the transfer.

In my (non-horse related) profession, I used to deal a lot with POAs. As such, it's my understanding that a POA ceases upon death of the individual. At that point, the executor of the estate would be the respobsible party. It can get very complicated and I agree that a call to the registries is in order.

when my husband died i had to provide amha a NOTERIZED copy of the will. amhr just requested a notice from me. call the registery.

Latest posts

Back