Have any of you put your animals in your will?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, and have also an understanding that I will take care of my parents' dogs and any other animal they may have at the time if something happens to them. I love their dogs as if they were my own and see them often
default_wub.png

I haven't thought about it until I read this thread lol. I mean I'm 20 years old and I in no way think I'm invincible or will live forever or anything but now that I've read this and everything I'm definitely going to have a private list obviously they will go to my mother if something happens to me right now. And it will change as we get older. I am however (not in a legal will but a private one) the person who is responsible for my grandmothers horses (there are 7 atm) and dogs (there are 7 of those too) and the house and everything if she passes. But I'm grateful for this post because it brought something important up that I havent thought about.

I thank you all for sharing your experience, ideas, and wisdom. It is hard to think about 'that' part of our futures but we all know too many stories of animals left with no clear plan for their future.

Even the best plan can get thrown asid,e but if we have one and communicate it clearly - to more than one person, perhaps our animal buddies will have a smooth transition when the time comes.

In the meantime, 'Happy Trails' to everyone!

An offshoot kinda, but I've wanted a large bird for at least 10yrs, but never felt confident I could give him or her enough interaction. Another concern, though, is that that pet would most likely outlive us and from what I've learned, not all that many people can give them the social interaction they need and deserve. If I could go back a couple decades, a bird may have been a great pet to share our lives with!

Since I'm almost 75 I have thought about this topic.My 2 nieces are taking care of my estate and I have designated a friend to take care of placing my dogs and another horsey friend to deal with my Minis.Dogs are 14&12.5 and 5.Horses are 26,25,24&23 Hopefully I will outlive most or all of them.I also deal with an amazing rescue that takes in older dogs Senior Dog Haven&Rescue.Great group

Latest posts

Back