Death in family right before Christmas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
I lost my oldest brother yesterday to cancer. He will no longer suffer. I am the youngest of 9 children there are only four of us left. I truly need to not lose anyone else for years to come but honestly I know that won't be the case.

I know I shouldn't ask but can this Christmas get any worse? Just this year I have now lost my brother,Shorty, and Rodney. To say I am numb is an understatement.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's always hard to lose someone, but to have it happen right before Christmas . . . .

So sorry for your loss.
default_wub.png

{{{Hugs to you}}} I am so sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry. We lost my dad right before Thanksgiving, years ago, and it took a good many Thanksgivings before I could get through it without grieving. I now can hold his memory in a special place at Thanksgiving without the tears - you will get to that place in time. {{hugs}}

Jan

I'm very sorry for your loss. Unfortunately Christmas will never be quite the same. I speak from experience, as my nephew committed suicide and was buried on Christmas Eve and a few years later my brother died on New Years Eve. Sad things happen on otherwise joyous occasions.

Thank you everyone. I know it will get better. Two years ago I lost a brother on Thanksgiving. I lost my Sister right

before Thanksgiving in 1997. I no longer look at Holidays the same. I try real hard to get in the Holiday spirit for the

kids but it is such an uphill battle for me. I knew this was coming this time. But I was soo wrong it doesn't hurt any less when it happens. I just want the holidays over and to look forward to a new year.

I am so sorry for you loss especially this time of the year.
default_wub.png

Im so sorry for you losing someone at the holidays is hard we lost my mother-in-law 2 days before Christmas several years ago. Here is what a friend told me though we were devastated at the loss. She said what a wonderful time of year to go the heaven. Imagine the celebration your brother is part of as one of heavens newest angels.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Losses in the family are always so difficult, but I really get so much more emotional for those families that lose loved ones so close to Holidays, and especially Christmas and Thanksgiving. My heart goes out to you and your family. (((((HUGS)))))

I'm not able to get together with any of my other brothers as they are scattered across the country. I'm the only one left in this area. I will say though that right after I received the phone call I had two hundred pound dogs vying for my lap to comfort me and of course Freddie was right in the middle of it trying to keep them away. Remember Freddie and I recently went thru the loss together of his best friend Rodney. Then my daughter opened the short door between me and Bubba to give me a hug and couldn't get near me as Bubba made a run for it leaped into my lap. By the way he weighs more than the other two I think. My daughter couldn't pull him off of me. Poor little Teddie snuggled in as tight as he could get growling and snarling at everyone else to back off. I had more love and sympathy than any person could ever want. Once they stopped mauling me I was able to accept their compassion and there is nothing like the compassion we receive from our furry friends at a time like this.

I'm so sorry, Marie...my thoughts are with you.

Liz

My heart is going out to you over your losses.......Bless you and your family.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this at a time of year that most people equate with joy. I love the picture of all your sympathetic animals. Sometimes they truly are the best comforters God sends our way I think.

Back