Daytona 500 Anyone?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leeana

Reaction score
Anyone else watching the Daytona 500 today? I am not a big sports fan, only football game i watch is the big Michigan VR Ohio game but i LOVE nascar and racing. I dont really have a faverite driver, i just love watcing racing.

I actually went to the Daytona 500 in 2000, my older brother won tickets and a weeks vacation down to florida so we went down for it. It was the year Dale Earnhart died
default_sad.png
. When we left the race there was not really a report on what had happened, we were driving home and my brother has a CB in his truck and some truckers were talking about dale earnhart dieing, we were all very suprised
default_sad.png

We're heading down to my brothers house for the big race
default_biggrin.png

Anyone else going to be watching
default_laugh.png

Heck yea! I LOVE Nascar too, would much rather watch Nascar then basketball or soccer, (I LOVE baseball and football too!) I'm a Hendricks girl
default_wink.png
Been a huge Jimmie Johnson fan since his rookie year, watched his first race and said "yep he's my guy and he's going to be big!" Started watching Nascar cause my brother was a Jeff Gordon fan, then along came Jimmie, and now we've got Jr. racing for us
default_smile.png
And I'm a Kasey Kahne "fan" because he's super cute
default_wub.png
Just something about that curly blonde hair and blue eyes.. lol

Nope, won't be watching... I think I noticed it was on Fox and told the TIVO to get the 10pm news in case it runs late... As I'd not want to miss my Sunday night cartoons
ashamed0005.gif

(Simpsons, King of the Hill, Family Guy & American Dad -- I love them! Which is also why I can't tease you about liking Nascar!)
default_biggrin.png

I am not into it buy my sister and step dad are really fans!!

My sister LOVES Jr Earnhart! Did I say she LOVES him!! She is obsessed!

My step dad likes Carl Edwards- he is from our area!

He used to be a HUGE Dale Earnhart Fan and has all the stuff to prove it!

My sister is now giving her Dad Jr. Earnhart stuff she says he has to be fair!

I think Kasey Kahne is adorable and Carl Edwards has a nice bod!! But no i dont want to watch the race, I just want to know who won!!

Had to come home and feed the horses, but what a party!
default_cheers.gif

Did anyone else see the "gopher" cams, the cams that are right on the side of the track built into the ground. HAH i wonder how long those are going to last?????? What a brilliant idea :DOH!

Still watching the race however and have not yet decided who my pick is
default_laugh.png

Yup, watching it with my hubby who sits there yelling at the tv. He likes Tony Stewart to win, a toyota in the lead would totally cause pandimonium. He, hubby, actually ice races every weekend, and last weekend on his way home and

was in a serious head on collison, caused by someone driving way too fast. The two other cars were totalled, and the occupants had to be cut out, luckily he and his friend walked away. This weekend, they were on the track, and hit the snowbank, and were then rear ended and flipped their race car twice. ARGH, I think he should quit, but he is having fun.

Vicki
default_no.gif

Had to come home and feed the horses, but what a party!
Did anyone else see the "gopher" cams, the cams that are right on the side of the track built into the ground. HAH i wonder how long those are going to last?????? What a brilliant idea

Still watching the race however and have not yet decided who my pick is
Well not looking so great for my Jimmie thanks to a 'nice' wreck
default_no.gif
Back in 32nd with 16 laps left.. Oh well.. Hopefully JR and Kasey can pull off Top Tens or better..
default_smile.png

He, hubby, actually ice races every weekend, and last weekend on his way home and was in a serious head on collison, caused by someone driving way too fast. The two other cars were totalled, and the occupants had to be cut out, luckily he and his friend walked away. This weekend, they were on the track, and hit the snowbank, and were then rear ended and flipped their race car twice. ARGH, I think he should quit, but he is having fun.

Vicki
Yikes! Glad he and his friend are ok!

Good Race!

I was rooting for JR, i think he got 9th or 3rd????
default_sad.png

PS- Did anyone see the first comercial w/ the budweiser cydedales and the rocky theme song?
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png

Good Race!
I was rooting for JR, i think he got 9th or 3rd????

PS- Did anyone see the first comercial w/ the budweiser cydedales and the rocky theme song?
Dale took 9th.. Kasey at least came in 7th so two of 'my boys' took Top Ten
default_yes.gif

And yep saw the Clydesdale commercial, was the one from the Super Bowl and is one of my favorites!

Was a great race! Did you see the commercial with Michael Waltrip and the race fan that replicates the cars from the races?! That was so on target! (fans and MW).
default_new_rofl.gif

I am glad Kasey Kahne had a great finish. He had such a terrible season last year, hope this year is better.

Since we are in NASCAR country, we eat, sleep, breathe racing! What a better way to spend an afternoon (other than with your horse)
default_wub.png

Nope, won't be watching... I think I noticed it was on Fox and told the TIVO to get the 10pm news in case it runs late... As I'd not want to miss my Sunday night cartoons
ashamed0005.gif

(Simpsons, King of the Hill, Family Guy & American Dad -- I love them! Which is also why I can't tease you about liking Nascar!)
default_biggrin.png

OMG Jill...You're me! Don't tear me away from my Sunday lineup of The Simpsons, Family Guy, and American Dad.

Here, I am a huge "SMOKE" fan. He can be a little out spoken but he can sure drive & his heart is fully into racing. He gives respect to others when they do a good job too. Yes, he does light some fires once in awhile.

Every August the "Out Laws" run their Nationals @ knoxville, Iowa for 4 nights(6 hours straight) with the full track seen from every place in the house. The up & comers find one of the three grooves(high-middle-low) on the track & stay there. But when the final couple of heats run last, the pros take over. I believe some of them could win running backwards. They drive where ever they want to on the track. Tony bought one of these tracks in Indiana & runs there also. He has been to the knoxville track as well as several of the other major racers. They are extremely accessable to visit with then. Several Aussies run there as they learn the race trade while it is their off-season down-under & are fun to meet.

That is how you become to appreicate race poeple like "Smoke" on their way up to Nascar.
default_laugh.png
default_saludando.gif

Totally enjoyed the race! I'm so glad to see the safety features for the new heavier cars....none went airborne or flipped over. Great improvements!! I did love the gopher cam too! Glad to see the Dodges win 1st and 2nd!

Definately watched the Daytona 500! It is like a Super bowl sunday all over around here except better!! We make snacks and watch the preshow from 9:00 am on and then the entire race. That is usually all but since my boy Ryan Newman won!!!!! I had to watch all the post race shows! I was so excited!! I was yelling and clapping for him in the last lap. I have been a Newman fan since he started racing Nascar. Wow that was exciting to watch! Can't wait till next week! Sheila
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Boy, Sheila, have you had a lo-o-ong wait, enjoy the victory!

It's confessions time for me, I am a NASCAR fan. But I can't sit still that long without falling asleep! My "NASCAR naps" are a family joke, but I usually wake up in time to see the finish. My husband isn't any kind of a sports fan (don't know how I managed to find a man like that!) but racing is about the only sport my father doesn't watch. For the life of me, I don't know where this comes from! Come to think of it, the horse thing is "out of the blue" in me too, I guess I'm just an anomoly. My son is a Jeff Gordon fan, I guess if I had to pick I'd go with the sentimental fave, Dale Jr. I had just begun regularly watching when his father was killed. There are several other drivers that I am partial to, as well. I felt sorry for Smoke yesterday, he could almost taste the win, but Newman had it coming, I'm glad he finally got one. Here's to an exciting and safe season!!
default_aktion033.gif

The gopher cam had me lauphing, i cant believe those gopher cams made it all the way through the race lol. Who's brilliant idea was it to put a cameria on the ground on the track LOL.
default_laugh.png

Im still upset Jr got 9th oh well its top ten
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back