DAY ONE: Breaking Ground

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
Hello...
saludando.gif

Some of you know or may remember of the plight of our family these past few years, storms have blown us about, metaphorically and literally, broken necks, car wrecks...hurricanes...and then some.
wacko.gif

Well, we still have the daily toils of dealing, (always will I guess), with the cause and affects of it all...but NOW we can finally hold the peace of mind and heart in knowing SOON...Praise the Lord, we will be in our very own home.
aktion033.gif
To carry on....again.

A GLORIOUS DAY, not a cloud in the sky, bright, sunny with soft cool breezes. Blue skies abound in temps of upper 60's to low 70's. Singing praises to God...Yesterday was DAY ONE, of the GROUND BREAKING of our NEW HOME.
new_multi.gif

It's a small 5 acre parcel, located in Paisley, Florida. In the northern most of Lake County, bordering into the Ocala National Forest. A corner lot, heavily wooded, thick underbrush...untouched. Kinda raw looking for now...but to me, it's pure beauty!
wub.gif
It's only about 10-15 minutes further north of where we are now, putting me right at about an hour's commutte (give or take 5 or 10 minutes), which means I can keep my job....AND have a home....WITH our horses...well, at least a couple of them anyways.

On it are hundreds of 90 foot and better tall Florida Pines and near as many Magnolia trees. For now, we're just clearing all the downed trees from the recent hurricanes. As well as, as much of the underbrush as we are able. Then we'll have a forestry harvest company come out to see what trees we can keep, and they will harvest the rest as we clear a place for the house and pastures, and as soon as we are able....a barn.

Here are just a few pics....hope ya'll don't mind me sharing my joy.
wub.gif

This first one is the property as you look at it from the corner. These four trees in the forefront will be where we will enter into the property. Eventually, these 4 trees will serve as the marker of our gate entrance, we'll plant some pretty Tropical Florida shrubbery and flowers and what not...and a sign with our farm name will be planted there too. Prayerfully.

DayOne2.jpg

Here's a view from a bit further back that shows how tall those pines are.
new_shocked.gif

DayOne4.jpg

This one, shows a canopy shaded trail off to the left of the property. It goes down the length of the property and back to where there's a pretty, but small lake beyond another wooded barrier behind us. The lake is called "Blue Lake". I can't wait to hitch up and go for a drive down that trail.
wub.gif

DayOne3.jpg

More pics coming right up.
yes.gif

WOW...that is gorgeous....breathtaking...can't wait to see 'cleaned up' pics!!
aktion033.gif

And trail-driving should be absolutely amazing....
ohmy.gif

Hubby's brother, Arty, came out to help as best he could. Here he is working on the chain saw, getting ready to cut up another of the many downed trees from the hurricanes of last year. His next one, is that one behind him there...

DayOne27.jpg

Here is Arty and my son, Dusty, (he's my baby boy,
wub.gif
), as they stand in a bed of pine needles that have collected there, probably for the last century or so???
unsure.gif
I don't know for sure "how long" but that bed of needles was BIG. They poked it plenty first to make sure there wasn't any yellow jackets nesting, or snakes.
cold.gif

DayOne26.jpg

Here is Arty making his way in with the tractor rake on the front end.

DayOne22.jpg

More pics, coming right up.
yes.gif

Here is Arty with the first of the downed trees, being sectioned off so it can be pulled out, so we can get back into the underbrush.

DayOne28.jpg

This one is of Dusty, after he tied the first section to the tractor rake, and Arty dragging it away.

new_multi.gif
aktion033.gif
SEE YA AT THE BURN PILE Mr. LOGGY!
saludando.gif

DayOne29.jpg

This one is my RIDE 'EM COWBOY picture, LOL! Dusty was "skiing" on the log as it was being dragged away.

DayOne33.jpg

More pics coming right up.
yes.gif

I saved the best for last.
biggrin.gif

This is my "That's M' Boy!" picture.
laugh.gif

I wuvs m'baby!
wub.gif

DayOne1.jpg

Ok....all done for now. Thanks so much for letting me share.
saludando.gif

Wow! Tanya, that place is beautiful! I don't care what it looks like right now, I'm seeing your pasture and you and Lee driving down by the lake. In another year, y'all will have it all prettied up and it'll be home!

Congratulations
aktion033.gif

Congratulations on your very own paradise instead of the "rented" one. You certainly deserve such a beautiful place to call your very own. And WOW, not to be a dirty old lady, but you sure have one handsome boy there!

Tanya, Hearing this makes me SO happy, and it sure looks like paradise to me!

One thought...timber companies are not the ones to decide for you which trees to keep -- they'll be more interested in what trees they can use and what will make them a profit. They also tend to prefer how trees look going through the mill, rather than how they look shading your lovely property.

I'd talk to architects, landscape designers, or builders who specialize in wooded properties...with luck you can find someone who won't charge for an initial consultation. Then TELL the timber company -- no, flag which trees they can remove.

...and I second Shirley's comments on your handsome son!

It is beautiful there! You have got a lot of work ahead of you but well worth it!
aktion033.gif
And you have a nice looking young man for a son.
yes.gif

You have a beautiful place!!! With those pine needles, if you didn't say they were pine needles, I would have thought it was hay piled up like that! Your son is very handsome
smile.gif

That looks awesome Tanya!! Do you have a time set that you want to have your new home there and be moved in?

Tanya, that's a beautiful piece of property. Congratulations on your "ground breaking". I didn't realize you were in Florida. I'm in St. Augustine. We're almost neighbors.

Tanya I am sooo happy for you! I know how long you've been waiting and planning for this and now it's becoming a reality! How wonderful! The property is beautiful...can't wait to see it all finished and with your house and barn put up nestled in there. You' re lucky to have all them good looking strong guys out there helping out! Congratulations!!

Edited for typos--which I've been doing plenty of lately.
wacko.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks so much all of you, for all your emails and kind words, encouragement,
wub.gif
and shared sentiments of my baby boy.
wub.gif

Susanne, thanks so much. The company we called advised the same. They want us to walk through, as we are able, and mark the trees that are to be removed. Anything not marked, stays. Thanks for that very helpful tip.
smile.gif

Sharon, well....
unsure.gif
as long as everything goes as (dare I say) "planned"
laugh.gif
our house should be setting on the property in another 3 and a half weeks. Lord willing. Then, it will be another 4 -6 weeks for them to do all the completion work on the house, tieing into power lines, well, septic, etc. We hope to be moved in by mid-June. Prayerfully.
wink.gif

Triggy, awe, thanks. "Rented Paradise" is going to be hard to leave when it gets down to the wire. It's been our shelter for so long and through so much. Even though, the hurricanes blew it beyond our reach to call it "ours" as we had hoped...a part of us will forever remain here. My sweet pet duck, Daphne...and my most precious friend of over 12 years, my sheltie, Windy, are both buried out by the pond, under a big oak tree. I know a huge part of my heart will stay here...while the rest of me tries to move on. I've called this place "Rented Paradise" for so long, and the driving force that gave us so much will to "keep on trucking" through so much throughout our time here, has been the very goal of one day calling it "HOME" here. But...like much I've learned time and again, these past...gosh...going on 6 years now.... we can plan and plan...but the only thing set in stone...is God's plan. As things are looking for us know...it seems God's plan is for us to strive for new beginnings....in Paisley. I'm not quite sure what to call our "new home" there just yet. Once we are there, and all settled in...I'm hoping to feel what it is to us then. I've pondered..."New Paradise"???? I dunno... "New Beginnings"??? I guess we'll see, once we are there...and live the first day there in having it be our "home". Glory to God.

Appylover2, well....HOWDY NEIGHBOR
saludando.gif
. Oh gosh, St. Augustine is one of my most FAVORITE places on this earth! Hubby and I "used" to go there nearly every weekend....many, many moons ago. Times have changed, to say the least.
wacko.gif
But, we've mustered a trip or two the last couple months.
aktion033.gif
These last 5-6 years...of "Life happening" along the way and...well, we don't know what lies ahead, but we have hopes and dreams still.

We most definately will strive to carry on with things laid heavily on our hearts that has resulted, or rather blossomed from "life happening", these latter years. Although we had hoped to also continue our breeding farm dreams as well. It would be nice if we could also carry on with our breeding farm dreams...but that may likely be put on the back burner...if not completely extinguished. Right now, we don't know yet.

I'm not quite sure what to call our "new home" there just yet. Once we are there, and all settled in...I'm hoping to feel what it is to us then. I've pondered..."New Paradise"???? I dunno... "New Beginnings"??? I guess we'll see, once we are there...and live the first day there in having it be our "home". Glory to God.
Tanya...how about,

[SIZE=21pt]HOME, SWEET, HOME.[/SIZE]
yes.gif

CONGRATULATIONS on your new dreams, your new home and your new future!

Mona said:
Tanya...how about,

yes.gif

CONGRATULATIONS on your new dreams, your new home and your new future!

364782[/snapback]

Oh Mona!
ohmy.gif
I am SUCH a hopeless mushy sapp!!! I read your words "HOME, SWEET, HOME"....and can you believe it???

It made me CRY! Tears of joy! Mann...I need to get a grip! I'm such an emotional wimp, LOL!

I think you touched it right at the heart! THANK YOU MONA!
wub.gif

That's IT!!!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

BLESS YOU!
cheekkiss.gif

saludando.gif

Hey there...OK...I finally was able to upload some NEW PICS!

I will start a new thread, this one's a tad long.
wink.gif
But, I wanted to "revisit" the thread for the ground breaking, so you all could see the progress "so far".
wub.gif

It's been a LONG HARD HAUL, and we've been BUSY BEES pretty much for nearly a year now, on getting us "to the now" with it all.
wacko.gif

There's been a few "bumps in the road", but by the grace of God...

We're forging onward...
xbud.gif
and homeward bound!
yes.gif

It's a virtual RACE to the finish line (closing date).
xreiter.gif

We're "supposed" to close by the end of NEXT WEEK.
unsure.gif

But..... well... Lord only knows for sure on that... so "WE WILL SEE".
yes.gif

I keep hearing "Patience is a virtue"...
rolleyes.gif

OY!!!!
wacko.gif

Okeedoke... MORE UPDATES with LOTS OF PICS...
new_multi.gif

Starting a NEW THREAD NOW....
saludando.gif

Latest posts

Back