daughter being discharged from Army

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abby

Reaction score
I am soooo excited, my youngest daughter is being discharged out of the Army soon. She's done her 3 years. Actually it went by fast.

My problem is, she's scared to death to come home to the "real" world. She doesn't feel like she did enough in the army because she has been stationed in S. Korea and didn't fight in the war. I told her that she did her duty, even in Korea. That being there instead of Iraq did not mean any less, because they are needed in alot of places. I told her that back here a soldier is respected, no matter where they served.

She's scared of being out. I said "this is just the beginning of her ride in life. That it's all about choices and the paths you choose." I stressed college, she's thinking about it.

Any other military moms been through the same thing? How do I help her transition?

Thanks

Lee

I'm sure May can't come soon enough for you.

I'm so glad this will be over for you soon.

I think a lot of it is the structure of military life that maks the

transistion hard.

I believe your advice of heading off to school is the best

advice you can give her. The military will pay part of the expenses

which will make that part of it not so worrisome.

I'm sure much of her training and work experience will stand her

in good stead.

Tell her thanks from a grateful nation........no matter where she

was stationed, she stood up and did something the largest percentage

of the population would never have done,other than in idle chat.

Oh Lee! THAT IS SO WONDERFUL!!!! :aktion033: I bet you are doing a happy dance all over!!!!! As I've said to you before, I honor your daughter and thank her for her bravery and courage.
default_yes.gif
: ((((HUGS)))) to you and everyone! :saludando:

Linda

Roxy's Run Miniatures

I am soooo excited, my youngest daughter is being discharged out of the Army soon. She's done her 3 years. Actually it went by fast.

My problem is, she's scared to death to come home to the "real" world. She doesn't feel like she did enough in the army because she has been stationed in S. Korea and didn't fight in the war. I told her that she did her duty, even in Korea. That being there instead of Iraq did not mean any less, because they are needed in alot of places. I told her that back here a soldier is respected, no matter where they served.

She's scared of being out. I said "this is just the beginning of her ride in life. That it's all about choices and the paths you choose." I stressed college, she's thinking about it.

Any other military moms been through the same thing? How do I help her transition?

Thanks

Lee
She is a HERO to me. I wish I could greet her with huge red roses,white carnations and blue bonnets. I know you will be so glad for your baby to be home. I pray that God watches over her and keeps her safe. BLESS her and you. Gypsy

She is hero to me just because she served. Where is NOT important! :aktion033:

Unless she has eyes on making a career of the service the date of separation will be a high point in her life. For me one of the best days of my life was on returning from overseas I had so little time left I was given my separation papers (40 days early). Had I not been shot at so many times during my first tour I might have considered it as a career, after that first tour no thanks. I would not do it again for a million dollars, but I would not take a million dollars for the experience either.

Latest posts

Back