Daniela foaled!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte

Reaction score
Of course, I haven't really seen what he looks like because he has had 2 or more blankies on since he was born!
default_biggrin.png
Daniela is being SUCH a good mother to her first baby and at 27 3/4" had an easy delivery. I 'think' this little one is leggy but it has to warm up enough to get the blankets off before I can be sure.
default_smile.png

P1010006.jpg

The only thing I can see is a wonderful little head and Skipper's hookey little ears.

And believe it or not, he is at least heterozygous tobiano! Solid black with one hind sock and a coronet. Wouldn't it be funny if he is HOMOZYGOUS tobiano like his auntie Paradigm?!

Here are a few of his.....close relatives.

12-12SmallRenaissanceStar.jpg

12-10SkippersStardom.jpg

12-12SmallStarPrints.jpg

12-12SmallCowboyStar.jpg

Now I have a question. All of the foals pictured above are by Star Skipper and out of mares that are full sisters. So what do you call these foals in relation to each other? They aren't 'full brothers'....I guess, but what are they?
default_wacko.png

Happy dancing here.

Congratulations on your live healthy and adorable foal! Can't wait to see him without the blankets but of course you knew we would want photos even if covered!

I have no idea about the relationship question but am curious because our stallion has a lot of... close (famous) relatives too and we never know what to call them!

Last edited by a moderator:
They are all brosins of course-lol sorry sleep deprived and couldn't resist!!! Congrats on your beautiful foal and a sucessful delivery:)

Congrats! Can't wait for it to warm up to see him without blankets
default_smile.png

BEAUTIFUL!!! Congrats on your new healthy foal. Can't wait to see unfolded pics
default_smile.png

We call those 5/6 siblings-have a few of them here myself.

They are all brosins of course-lol sorry sleep deprived and couldn't resist!!! Congrats on your beautiful foal and a sucessful delivery:)
thanks epetrilli! 'brosins' works for me.
default_biggrin.png
default_laugh.png

OHMT, how do you come up with 5/6th? I need an explanation.
default_yes.gif

I am so proud of Daniela. She's being SUCH a good mom. And I'm just beyond wanting to take his blankies off for a quick peek, but it's so cold here now and his well being is more important than my wants. He's in a deeply bedded stall with infrared heater and one single layer fleece blanket with another double layer one on top. We have him on camera and while checking just now I find he's doing 'airs above the ground'.
default_wub.png
:

Can't wait to see him in the show ring next year!

5/6 of the names on the papers are the same
default_smile.png
It's not exact, but it's what I've always used because I didn't know what to call them either.

Congrats on your adorable foal.
default_wub.png
I know in Quarter Horses I used to hear the term --three quarter brother or sister.

I know in Quarter Horses I used to hear the term --three quarter brother or sister.
I always use 3/4 when referring to foals with the same sire and out of dams that are half sisters.

Well, the thing is, their pedigrees are identical. So they are full siblings except the dams are different.
default_wacko.png
I've just deicded I like epitrilli's name....brosins.
default_yes.gif
That works for me.

Well, the thing is, their pedigrees are identical. So they are full siblings except the dams are different.
Yep, that's why it's 5/6 instead of 6/6
default_smile.png
I like brosins too, cute! I'll have to use that one in the future.

Latest posts

Back