Dangerous Tree Species- Buyer Beware!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDogs & LittleHorses

Reaction score
With all this recent talk on buying trees, I think it is timely to warn people about a carnivorous type that feeds on horses as shown here:

article-1079059-02E7B2F300000578-49.jpg

article-1079059-02E7B2F700000578-36.jpg

Please be careful when selecting new trees for your yard! :DOH! :DOH! :DOH!

Daryl

PS. No, it's not a stallion who was looking for some um, relief...
default_wink.png
it's a mare, and she's okay now.
default_smile.png
Article here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...stuck-tree.html

Oh my ..that is impressive...glad she is alright. But that does look funny....guess no one told her, sticking her head in a sick tree is not a good idea.

Luckly... none of my full grown trees have that issue.

Wow....it's funny NOW, but I bet it wasn't funny when he found her! Poor girl! I would have never thought a horse would do that. It's a miracle she didn't dislocate her cervical vertebrae trying to get free (which would have killed her).

I DO NOT think this pics is funny at all!
default_no.gif
That horse was stuck in that tree in that position for quite sometime! Its front foot at one point was also stuck in the hole...IT is NOT normal for a horse to sit in this position. They had to get a chain saw to get the horse free from this, BUT before they CUT the horse out of the tree, they had to take a Picture!!!! To H@77 with taking a picture when my horse in is this position!!! The NEIGHBOR had to GO and get a chain saw, how long was he gone before he came back? I HATE pictures like these... Obviously this horse is exhausted to be in this position....I TAKE Offense to the poster( BigDogs & LittleHorses), who thought this was HUMOROUS! OH and EVERYONE, PLEASE WHO FEELS THE NEED...PLEASE FLAME AWAY!!!!!!!

"""""PS. No, it's not a stallion who was looking for some um, relief... it's a mare, and she's okay now."""""

Last edited by a moderator:
rocking R.... yes.. it has humor it in, now that the horse is safe. I think it is a good post... will make folks look at their trees to see if they have any like that, that need to be taken down. Is something most people would not even think about,, until they see these pictures. Checking to see what the condition of ones trees, that are around the horses..is a good thing.

My horses have done silly things in the past and waited quietly for me to get them out of it. Doesn't mean I will not giggle at them for being that silly.

Last edited by a moderator:
rocking R.... yes.. it has humor it in, now that the horse is safe. I think it is a good post... will make folks look at their trees to see if they have any like that, that need to be taken down. Is something most people would not even think about,, until they see these pictures. Checking to see what the condition of ones trees, that are around the horses..is a good thing.
My horses have done silly things in the past and waited quietly for me to get them out of it. Doesn't mean I will not giggle at them for being that silly.
Shari...Sorry, I still see no humor...If the poster would have said please careful and to be aware of "this can happen to your horse" fine, but to put """""PS. No, it's not a stallion who was looking for some um, relief... it's a mare, and she's okay now.""""", not humorous to me....JMO...They ran this story on TMZ 2 nights ago, there story was alittle different that the newspaper article....My horses have done down right stupid things also, but I just don't think this is funny....

I don't think this is funny either. A girl that lives a few miles from me lost a big horse foal a few yrs ago to a tree, the UPS man came along and found it hanging from the crotch of a tree, it must have been really playing and tried to jump through the tree and got hung up and died. What a waste and a horrible thing for Dianne to find.

Hoo boy, I guess maybe I didn't think this one through too well.
default_wacko.png

Yes, like some others have said...I presented it in a humorous way, only after knowing the safe outcome. I tend to have a warped sense of humor. I found humor in the mischief of the horse, not the situation itself.

I hope folks here don't think I find humor in other's suffering, whether it's with people or animals.

I have more than once been driving along and seen horses in trouble and immediately taken action... freeing a foal who got her legs stuck in fencing, jumping in the back of a truck with strangers to help round up loose horses when it was getting dark, reporting abuse etc.

Apologies for being insensitive.

Daryl

Hoo boy, I guess maybe I didn't think this one through too well.
default_wacko.png

Yes, like some others have said...I presented it in a humorous way, only after knowing the safe outcome. I tend to have a warped sense of humor. I found humor in the mischief of the horse, not the situation itself.

I hope folks here don't think I find humor in other's suffering, whether it's with people or animals.

I have more than once been driving along and seen horses in trouble and immediately taken action... freeing a foal who got her legs stuck in fencing, jumping in the back of a truck with strangers to help round up loose horses when it was getting dark, reporting abuse etc.

Apologies for being insensitive.

Daryl
default_cheekkiss.gif
I don't know you personaly, but I am sure you are a very caring person and would stop to help any animal in dis-stress....Yes the horse was freed from the situation, but she did suffer a dislocated jaw (very painful).

Theresa

Daryl you are a good person and you were not being insensitive.

Other types of people can go over the top in their reactions, which is very sad and take things in a way not meant.

Think this board is getting to combative, aggressive and just down right no fun the last few months. Even though there have been a few of us out there trying to lighten the mood. If I wanted this kind of goings on... all I have to do is go to town or watch the news.
default_no.gif

Life is to short to act the way many are acting. I rather see the good in things, no matter how small. Focus on the postive in life, even in this post Daryl did. The horse is safe..it was silly to stick its head in some place like that but that is life. And again I will say but know some will not listen.... because of Daryls post... people will take a 2nd look at the condition their trees are in.

Am done....

A picture is worth a thousand words. It is humerous since we know the outcome. And it was a good thing to show because who would have thought that a horse could get their head stuck in what appears to be a smallish crack.

Daryl you are a good person and you were not being insensitive.
Other types of people can go over the top in their reactions, which is very sad and take things in a way not meant.

Think this board is getting to combative, aggressive and just down right no fun the last few months. Even though there have been a few of us out there trying to lighten the mood. If I wanted this kind of goings on... all I have to do is go to town or watch the news.
default_no.gif

Life is to short to act the way many are acting. I rather see the good in things, no matter how small. Focus on the postive in life, even in this post Daryl did. The horse is safe..it was silly to stick its head in some place like that but that is life. And again I will say but know some will not listen.... because of Daryls post... people will take a 2nd look at the condition their trees are in.

Am done....
Shari.... Not meaning to chop up your post, but I dont know how to take one sentence from it...{{{{because of Daryls post... people will take a 2nd look at the condition their trees are in.}}}} I ABSOLUTELY agree with you...

As for this....{{{{{Other types of people can go over the top in their reactions, which is very sad and take things in a way not meant.}}}}}

I don't feel that I went over the top, (and I truly hope that you are not putting me in with that type of people) trust me you were not in my house the night this was on TMZ, then I was way over the top!!!! The pics did need to be posted, so we as our horses owners/keepers can keep them safe from this possibly happening to them. As I said, this is what upset me...."""""PS. No, it's not a stallion who was looking for some um, relief... it's a mare, and she's okay now.""""" Did you read my reply to BigDogs & LittleHorses ?"""""

{{{{{Think this board is getting to combative, aggressive and just down right no fun the last few months. }}}}}...I could not agree with you more, if you have noticed I have not posted on a single thread that has been heated (politics). As I agree with you, when it comes down to the wire, everyone will vote for who they think will do the best job at running this country...

Shari....
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Back