cross your fingers for me

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billiethekid40

Reaction score
Well, after 4 years of university and missing my boy, after 2 years of boarding, one bad lease and one really great lease... he could be coming "back" to me! I've found a place thats near enough to my little hole in the wall in the city that I can make it out a few times a week and the owners of the farm are talking about letting me board there! I'm so excited I could burst! It will be a change, cause I'll be spending more free time away from my boyfriend, and also the expense, but it will be great for Billie to be turned out for the year with horses his own size! They agreed that if we do this, it will be a "full care board" where they take care of everything when I am not at the farm, and I'll be free to use their facilities when I am. I may even be able to work off some of my board by working for them (but board is an incredibly reasonable amount anyway, so I'm not worried about it).

Anyway, I just wanted to share the good (well, maybe good) news with everyone so you could help me by sending good "hope everything works out" vibes!

(BTW the farm is the owner of the largest herd of mini horses in our area and I've shown with them a number of times in the past)

Just got off the phone with the farm owner... he said NO PROBLEM on their end! Now I just have to get the ball rolling and put some money aside for vet bills (his lessee takes care of everything right now) but in another month or two, I'll be seeing lots more of my boy again! The farm owner had to call the lawer they have their farm insurance through and talk it over with the partners and everything is a big GO on that end!

Merry Christmas to me!

Keep those fingers crossed, I still have to make sure my job continues to go smoothly, can't jump into this untill the finances are totally in place.

:aktion033: How wonderful for you, Mel!!!! They are hoping to have a show there this summer too, so maybe you'll even be able to get to a show too. :bgrin

Yep Sue, I plan to enter the show ring again as often as I can if this plan all gets underway. But I have to admit, even if I can't show to be able to bury my fingers in that scruffy coat and smell his very own often-imitatated-never-matched horsie smell will make me one happy, lucky girl.

I'm guessing then, that you know the place I'm talking about? LOL Its on a bus route, and I didn't think about it till today. How daft can I be? I think Billie will be very happy there.

I'm guessing then, that you know the place I'm talking about?
default_rolleyes.gif
: Ahhh, yeah...It isn't too hard to figure out... :lol: :lol: When I was talking to them earlier this fall, they were talking about putting in a small cross-country/marathon course. I told them that should they do so, I would be there in a heartbeat to try it out. I am starting another baby, so I probably won't be taking him...but can always dust-off one of the others.
default_yes.gif
:

ooooooHHHH, a marathon course! Wow, and MY horse might live there? AWESOME lol

It's all sounding very positive for you, Melanie! (And even I figured out where you're going! Send them my greetings next time you talk to them.)

I hope it ALL works out for you the way you want it to! Good luck!

ILL KEEP MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU
default_yes.gif
: i hope it all works out
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back