Critique please.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New2Minis

Reaction score
Opinions please on my boy Cassanova. Sorry the pics are not the best. I know he is alittle chubby but what do you think of him over all. He is an absolute doll and priceless to me!

Also if I were to show him would I need to cut his mane??

Thanks!
default_yes.gif

100_4873.jpg

100_4883.jpg

100_4876.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there --

My biggest issue is his tailset, it is set a bit low. He may even be goose rumped ..

His neck ties in pretty low. He is a little bit thick, even with conditioning you cant change bone size and structure much. His neck looks thick as well. There is something odd about his topline but i cannot put my finger on it.

His head looks a tad bit dwarfy to me (he may even carry a few other dwarf traits), then agian i never liked how a horses head, especially miniatures, look in a western show halter. His head is also a bit large for his body.

Love the long flowing mane
default_wub.png

I love Leeana but in the typical fashion of all critique threads I have to disagree with almost everything she said! *LOL* I don't see anything dwarfy about this guy at all, in fact his head is adorable. I can see how the way the halter fits in the third photo could make it look like his nostrils were placed too high but I'm fairly sure that's just the halter.

From the angle of those photos it is impossible to tell what his hindquarter angles are although I agree it's likely he at least doesn't have a high tail set. I think he has adorable tippy ears, lovely color, a good kind expression and plenty of bone in his legs for soundness. His legs appear nice and straight but again, hard to tell from a photo from that angle. I love his mane as it is but yes, if you want to show him you're probably going to have to trim it as it will make the rest of him appear taller and more graceful.

Overall I like this guy! He's not going to be a halter champion with today's style trends but he's a beautiful horse.

Leia

Why dont you take a few more pictures and ask again.

This time get on your knees and take the pictures straight on instead of down. This angle makes any horse look short and squatty. It is not fair to you or the horse for us to tell you what we think of him from these pictures.

I think you will be happier with the responses if you do that. He looks like a very sweet boy and I would like to see more of him. Love his dapples!

Edited to say that I just realized the horse in your avatar is the same horse. Compare the pictures and you will see what I mean about the angle. He looks much nicer in your avatar! I think I might trim his mane to show him.

I'm not gonna critique off these photos, just wanted to say he has a beautiful mane! Love it! Ohhh wish mine would get that long. Pretty color too.

default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back