Critique, Please!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniwhinny74

Reaction score
Okay, guys, I'm pretty nervous...

I've been lurking around the forum for a while, but this is the debut of my minis, so here's the first...

This is "On The Rise Farm's SS Native Dancer," by Sami's Soap Suds out of Woodstock North's Guten Paperdoll, by Hobby Horse Hill's Moon Shadow. Dancer measured at 34 1/4 (I believe) about two months ago. He was foaled 4/27/07.

You might remember him as the boy his breeder, Alicia, took back because his owners allowed his halter to grow into his head (this past March, I believe.) I'm glad to say he's all healed up and and is not the least bit head shy, although he has had every reason to be!

I'm still learning about conformation, so I thought one of the best ways is to offer him up for your critique! Please be honest--I'm up to hearing the truth!
default_smile.png
But please, as you critique him, remember to "talk down" to me--I don't have any previous experience with the "biggies," so I'll probably need you to spell it out for me! Don't JUST tell me his faults, but WHY it's a fault and tell me how it should be!
default_wink.png

This picture is of him in his summer coat, no conditioning, just some grooming. He's long in the foot (will set an appt. with farrier this week), and I know that he needs some trimming to look better, but here he is, basically "out of the pasture." Right now, he's a stud with only one testical descended--but he will be gelded this fall...I'm just hoping he'll oblige and drop by then.
default_wink.png

Now let's keep our fingers crossed that I can figure out how to post his picture....

Edit: Just realized that I listed his maternal grandsire as Moonshadow...it's actually Dakota's Lille Guten. Sorry, I looked at the wrong papers.

DSCN2224_1_.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad he's doing so well after what he went through!
default_aktion033.gif

But the pic is too dark and small to see your boy.
default_smile.png

Okay, here we go again...

I brightened the picture & enlargened it (hopefully enough!)
default_smile.png

I'm such a nincompoop!
default_no.gif

It might have helped if I added the picture to the post!

FSCN2260_1_.JPG

Welcome to the forum!!
default_saludando.gif
I couldn't get a good look at your guy either. I don't like to do critique's anyway!
default_biggrin.png
So much depends on what you want to do with him! Have fun regardless.
default_wink.png

Welcome to the forum!!
default_saludando.gif
I couldn't get a good look at your guy either. I don't like to do critique's anyway!
default_biggrin.png
So much depends on what you want to do with him! Have fun regardless.
default_wink.png
I'm keeping an open mind, but I was definately would like for my son (going on three) to be able to ride him when he's older. Maybe jumping, obstacle or driving, if he has the knack for it. But, of course, that's on down the line.
default_wink.png

If anyone can give me any pointers on posting a decent picture, please let me know...I know something was posted pretty recently, but I didn't take the time to read it...now I can't find the thread, and I just don't seem to have any luck with the search engine on here.
default_sad.png

:wubHe is a good-lookin boy
default_biggrin.png
I am not a good critiquer, but he looks pretty well proportioned to me and looks pretty sleek coming right out of the pasture
default_wink.png

Do you know what color he is called??

:wubHe is a good-lookin boy
default_biggrin.png
I am not a good critiquer, but he looks pretty well proportioned to me and looks pretty sleek coming right out of the pasture
default_wink.png

Do you know what color he is called??
His breeder called him "silver smokey black." His sire is a cremello and his dam a silver dapple. Thanks for the reply!
default_biggrin.png
I've been anxiously waiting a response!

Latest posts

Back