Cremello Pinto

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyMenagerie

Reaction score
If a horse is a Cremello Pinto/Paint, will the skin under the spots be darker or black? And will they have any motteling like "normal" pintos/paints? Or is ALL their skin pink??

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have three perlino mares, two of whom are pinto. Their skin is pink all over. Plus, remember, for pinto, it's "cremello" color plus white. So the skin on the cremello (perlino or smokey cream) parts would be the same color as the color of a solid double dilute
default_yes.gif

default_blush.png
WOW, an "aha" moment! Thanks, Jill.

Everytime I heard cremello pinto, I'd
default_wacko.png
and just did NOT separate color from pattern.....don't ask me why!! Just didn't. Then, when I read the reply of "the color is cremello", it became clear.
default_laugh.png
Yes, the "color" cremello can be part of a "pinto" pattern.....GOT IT!
default_laugh.png

OK....now that THAT is clear, I can move on
default_laugh.png
default_rolleyes.gif
When we say "it's a cremello" well, it doesn't have to be a solid.....even tho that's how they ALL look.

Yep, they do pretty much look uniformly colored even when they're pinto (suits me, I prefer solids!). But, if you look at my mare Double, you can see she's "perlino" colored on her head
default_wub.png

My first born foal years ago was a perlino filly out of a silver buckskin dun dun mare with appy characteristics and by a smokey silver black loud appaloosa stallion... can you imagine all the things that horse might carry but barely (if even) visibly show when it comes to color genetics... dun, appy, silver... Who knows!!! I owned her for a couple of years before it dawned on me that she might pass along more than "just" cream dilute
default_biggrin.png

Adult shot that shows Double's "color" on her upper neck and head:
Double%20June%202007.jpg

Baby shot that shows the color well as they're darker as foals:

clemdoubledip.jpg

And more how Double usually looks -- all "white"... but a great mommy when it comes to buckskin fillies:

Double%20and%20Cover%20Girl%20DSC06909.jpg

Another example... see Sweetie's pinto pattern as a foal, but as an adult, looks like a furry white snowball
default_wub.png

Sweetie%20foal%207.jpg

Sweetie--020209-024.jpg

Jill, We got one that looks like that too! A white fluff ball now, but born with tobiano markings, which are becoming visible again as she sheds only on her nose right now. They are very light. I think the dilutes are fascinating. It's kind of a what's in there??

I guess it's not going to let me add pics again oh well.

Blondie's sire is a cremello leopard app. And yes, he's kinda "now you see it, now you don't" when it comes to color! The first time I laid eyes on him, he was wet from a bath, and I thought I was just seeing stains. It wasn't until he was dry that it became clear that those were spots!

Thanks Jill. When you explained it that way, I had one of those "Smack yourself on the forehead 'DUH' " moments
default_smile.png

I knew that, but was thinking about it backwards. You explained it just right
default_smile.png
:)

Latest posts

Back