Crazy weekend

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gimp

Reaction score
I decided a bit less than a year ago that I decided to start working on my bucket list. Close to the top was to try my hand at showing dogs. My daughter had shown in 4H and it was finally something that I could consider. I have a rescue Pembroke Welsh Corgi and was enamored with Anoki's Cardigans. Long story short, I was offered an 18 month old from someone in Idaho and thus began my studies.

This past week I drove eight hours, met up with the breeder, and we took Kate to another show. I have done a half dozen or so. The dog has worked through her fear of being anywhere but home and has discovered her inner diva. Friday we took Winner's bitch for a three point major and Saturday Winner's bitch and Best of Winners for another three point major. Today was Reserve Winner's Bitch, but both of us were tired and it showed. The good news was that we got to help another little girl finish, and that is always fun. We helped her get her very first point and we helped her finish (needless to say her Mom has been a bit more serious than I was). I am still blown away, and admit to a few, OK several, tears following the first win.

Kate is blowing her coat now and is due in heat in a month or so. I think we are done for a while. It is nice to end the season on a high note, for sure.

Thanks, anoki, for all the help and for putting up with me.

Nancy

default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
:SoHappy
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

HUGE congrats!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see the win pics!!!!

~kathryn

2 3pt.majors in one weekend!! Doesnt get much better than that. I hope you are still celebrating...I know I would be..congratulations!!

Heidi

Every time I start to come down my cardigan friends set me flying again. I think I will just sit back and enjoy the ride as the diva dog enjoys eating and rolling in her favorite horse's poop. At this point we both just love our lives.
default_biggrin.png

Back