COWS???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XOfuzzmiloOX

Reaction score
so i have decided i need to get my mini donkey a friend. i really would like another donkey...but my parents wont allow it and i cant get a horse because i am leaving of college in a year and i dont have money to afford one. and when i leave for college i really dont want fuzz ot be lonely
default_bye-sad.gif
one of my best guy friends owns a cow farm and has lots of little babys. my donkey, fuzz, is afraid of cows when we cart by... so i dont know if getting him a baby cow would be a good idea. i was hoping that if it was a baby they would have time to bond and really like each other.

but can a cow and a donkey bond???? will they become friends????
default_wacko.png

THANKS!

we raise mini cows on a limited basis, and although my donkeys are sometimes in the same field as the cows, they do not associate. They might if on a one on one basis, but when there are other cows or donkeys, i doubt they would associate.

We have beef cows, and pygmy goats.. although the cows are in a seperate pasture, and so are the 16 goats....the donkeys dont give them a second glance. Donkeys prefer to have company of there very own..another donkey would be the ideal answer. Alot of donkeys do get along great with horses..but given the chance to have there own pick it would definitely be another donkey. A lone donkey is just that LONELY. You mentioned you dont have money to buy one..have you checked your local rescues or sales barns? Sometimes you can get them free or for very little, plus you would be giving a "rescue" a home, or in the case of a sales barn..possible keep them out of the meat mans hands.
default_no.gif
Corinne

We have beef cows, and pygmy goats.. although the cows are in a seperate pasture, and so are the 16 goats....the donkeys dont give them a second glance. Donkeys prefer to have company of there very own..another donkey would be the ideal answer. Alot of donkeys do get along great with horses..but given the chance to have there own pick it would definitely be another donkey. A lone donkey is just that LONELY. You mentioned you dont have money to buy one..have you checked your local rescues or sales barns? Sometimes you can get them free or for very little, plus you would be giving a "rescue" a home, or in the case of a sales barn..possible keep them out of the meat mans hands.
default_no.gif
Corinne
On this sort of line, since you are going away to college in about a year, perhaps you could look into fostering a donkey for a rescue organization (you'd be a temporary home, til the rescue found a permanent home, and it would go back to the rescue when you go off to college).

Latest posts

Back