Could be in your neighbourhood too....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anoki

Reaction score
There was a meth lab found 2 roads over from here a couple of days ago!!! :new_shocked: They weren't even people from the area!! But I guess that shouldn't be very surprising!!

This is the news article from a local paper:

News Stories for Thu. July 20, 2006

Meth Bust - Thu. July 20

Police have arrested two people after a Methamphetamine lab was uncovered Tuesday night in Blanshard Ward. O-P-P Drug Enforcement Units from London, Mount Forest and Windsor with the assistance of Officers from Perth and Huron Counties arrested the two men at a residence on Line 6. The O-P-P Clandestine Lab team with the assistance of other Police Officers and representatives from Heath Canada returned to the property yesterday and executed a search warrant. As a result of the search, police uncovered a marijuana grow operation, evidence of production of Methamphetamine and a small amount of finished product and a cannabis extraction area on the property. Thirty-seven-year-old Robert Glendinning of Parkhill and 38-year-old Ronald Reeb of London appeared in court yesterday in Stratford and were remanded until Friday on several drug-related charges.

My brother-in-law was 'involved' in the bust as he is a volunteer firefighter in St.Marys.....they had to hose down the police that were entering the house (in biohazard suits too) to remove the stuff. The units that were involved cover quite a large area!!! yikes....

~kathryn

They are everywhere unfortunately. My husband is a Lt. Firefighter in the nastiest part of our city. They bust meth labs every week. He can also always tell when a new batch of heroin hits the streets because they get a lot of OD cases. He said there are times he wishes they weren't obligated to revive them. :no:

My town (and neighborhood) is loaded with them. I've never given too much thought to it because you hear about it every time you read a newspaper or watch tv in California. I guess being in the desert, we are more prone to it because they go out in the desert to manufacture it, and it is semi private, kinda like a forest atmosphere.

We have helicopters that fly over our neighborhood a couple times a week, I'm assuming they are trying to pick up on the heat that the labs put off. Also this area is notorious for "pot". I guess nowhere is safe from drugs, you just have to keep an eye out and know where to avoid.

Yep...it's crazy nowdays. My parents live in an extremely nice, upscale neighborhood and they got a knock on their door one evening by an FBI agent...letting them know that they were planning a raid on the house NEXT DOOR and they might want to leave for the night. My mom and sisters left for my grandparents and my dad stayed behind to watch (gotta be nosy!!
default_rolleyes.gif
: )

He said they broke the door down and arrested the neighbor couple (who were very nice, normal people...we never would have suspected ANYTHING) and carried out all sorts of things out of the house for hours.

It's just crazy...you think you're safe in your nice cozy home and you're living next door to a drug house. These people were great...both had good jobs and made a decent living...lived in a brand new home...drove new cars...it still blows my mind how that could've been going on over there.

Back