cost of shipping to Europe

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If only we had the wonderful selection of quality horses they have in the US at such sensible prices....but without the import cost
default_wink.png
We DO have wonderfull quality miniature horses in Europe: Elevage de la Buise from Cedric Dubroecq , Tina Fisseler, Cornelia Steinbrecher, Alison and Stephen from Hailstone Miniatures, 5-star miniatures, Made in Spain and others (this is just from the top of my head).......they DO have good horses and sell them for good prices and without the hassel and paperwork of importing a horse from the US.

But I think for a lot of people the problem is that they want to buy a horse for $500 and expect it to be the next European Champion.

A champion quality miniature horse is a luxury to have and does not come cheap.

Yes there is the occasional diamond in the rough for a low price, but then you would be very lucky to find it.

And yes there will allways be bad breeders or people that try to sell you crap for a high price. (excuse my french)

You need to keep your eyes open and look at the horse with your head and then your heart. Think of the investment you are making.

I am sure that if you look around in Europe, you will be able to find good quality AMHA horses for a reasonable price.

And if you do want to import a horse.....be prepared to do your homework/paperwork/and payments.
I DID say in a previous post that we DID have wonderful horse's here in Europe!!!! but they are priced very high compared to the price's in the US ,even for home breed horses....

We arnt talking about people paying 500 and then expecting something special we are talking about paying 5000 and getting crap....... People wouldnt import so much if they could get what they wanted from Europe at better prices...surely that makes sense!!!!!!

A 5000 dollar "good quality" horse would cost at least double that in Europe in euros.....so in a lot of case's its cheaper to import than to buy from breeders here,, thats what i was saying ......

Yes there will always be bad breeders but its still unfair for the people who dont know what they are looking for and end up with a poor quality miniature horse.............

Yes yopu are exactly right. The people mentioned above in another post here in Europe dont sell nice horses for 500 or even 5000, I have called one or more of these people looking for a horse and you wouldnt believe what they told me. One person , not mentioning a name told me to get out of showing horses because my horse is allowed to eat grass they will never make a nice show horse, so if i allow my horse to have a pasture , I should just forget about ever owning anything other than pet quality. She also told me I couldnt afford what she had. This is why I imported...IT is cheaper to import then to buy anything better then pet quality here. 5 grand is a minimum price...and thats Euro, 7 to 10 is about the norm for a correct horse here. I have looked, and I have seen what is available. As the horses become more popular, prices will come down I am sure . I do know one breeder here that is very realistic about the horses they sell, they are a lot cheaper then the rest of the breeders, and in my oppinion about the same quality, so I am sure things will eventually balance out.

default_saludando.gif

[SIZE=12pt]Love buying AMHA horses but the cost of shipping to Europe has killed any ideas of buying my dream horse.[/SIZE]

Does any one know of cheaper options, quarantine, flights, transport etc.

Total cost of shipping to Europe so far are aproximately $5000.00, that a lot of $ and then you've got to buy the horse. Well Ive got to have that horse!
default_wub.png

Any help would be appreciated.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their input.

wjs

Latest posts

Back