Cost of Major Medical/Mortality gone up

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mydaddysjag

Reaction score
Yesterday I got the papers in the mail to renew my horses insurance policy for the year, and got a little surprise. It went up $175 from last year. I know that prices on a lot of things are going up, but I thought it was a little excessive. I have never turned a claim in or anything like that.

Did your insurance prices go up this year too? I have the lowest prices coverage they offer, and was previously paying $450 a year. Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced company? I may drop insurance all together at the new price. I cant justify paying $625 a year for major medical/mortality for a horse they will only let me insure for $2,000 despite its show record and even new points.

Mine remained the same as it's been since 2005. I insure Destiny and DunIT. The cost for the mortality is 2.9% per thousand and the major medical is a flat $250/each. I do think the company has a minium premium of $1,000 / year, but it's a little over that for the two of them.

Ours hasn't increased in the 2 years we've had it - and we just renewed month ago with same pricing as it started. I have them pricing three more policies so we'll find out if they increase those or not - haven't gotten the quotes back yet.

Just like car insurance - perhaps it's worth you shopping it out some now and see what you find out from others ~ good luck.

PM me and I'll share the company we use if you like.

Latest posts

Back