Corinne (MeadowRidge) has gone through

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reble

Reaction score
recieved this from Corrine. (Meadowridge Farms )

I wanted her forum friends to know.

Short version of what happened..my appendix ruptured about 1 week BEFORE I went to the doctor. (you can tell how stubborn and how much I HATE going to a doctor!) I was in so terrible much pain the whole week, but my stubborn side got the best of me, and I thought it would just go away...it didnt. By the time I went in the poison had gone throughout my whole body, and the doctors told me that within 24 to 48 hours I Would of been dead. Then 2 days later, at 4:45am...I almost had a heart attack, but the doctors were all right there and warded it off. On top of that..they couldnt get blood from me and wheneven a IV had to be put in , they had to call a paramedic, the next step would of been to put some kind of port in me so they woldnt have to keep stabing me! I swaer..I am so black and blue. Then from one of the IV's I developed a 6" long blood clot. It was just one thing after another. Two days before coming home..I went back to surgery and had staples put in, since I would be passing out ...lol.. if I had to change the packing. I DONT DO BLOOD! Anyways, I am now back home recovering.

She might not like me doing this, but she is my friend and yours too
default_cheekkiss.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Corrine!! You are just like so many of us!! STUBBORN!!
default_biggrin.png
Prayers to you on a speedy recovery!! Make sure you follow Dr's order.

Get well soon!!

Heidi

WOW.......I wish for a speedy recovery! I can't believe she lasted the pain so long, that could have been way worse. I am praying for a full, sppeedy and relativly pain free recovery!

Keeping Corinne in my thoughts and prayers. Please take it easy. Hope your recovery is full and you are feeling totally better soon.

My gosh girl, you must have a really high tolerance for pain! Glad you finally got there and taken care of. I probably would do the same thing you did. But not as long, as I am a big wimp! Hope you heal fast and are feeling better soon!

Oh no how scary?

Why is it so many of us horse people will ignore things wrong with us and wait forever or in some cases not spend money on the doctor (general not directed to you) yet we have no hesitation ever to call the vet for our horses
default_wacko.png

Take care of yourself please

YOU! Oh we stubborn independent women! Now promise, PROMISE! you will listen to your body from now on!!!! Gosh, we need you! not to mention your family and furkins! With your permission I'll send some good healing energy and lots of love and prayers. BE GOOD! Love you!

Two of you already commented on my thoughts. One was about the high pain tolerance - I guess it isn't always a good thing to have.

The other was about horse people calling a vet before we will our own Doctor. How true is that! I've been here right at 4 years now and still don't have a DR. You can bet I know the local vets though.

Corinne take care of yourself. Sounds like you've had a pretty darned rough time of it.

Okay that's more than just a little scary LOL. Take care of yourself now, hope you have a speedy recovery!

Jan

Corrine-

You sound like me!! There's something about us horse people. I also waited to go to the hospital - by the time I went 4 days after the pain started I was very sick. My appendix had abcessed. After being in the hospital 5 days, I got to come home and fight a fever for 6 weeks. My pain started on a Thursday - went to a friend's on Friday and she told me to get to the hospital - did I - of course not, I came home and finished waxing my trailer. Saturday morning I got up to go to a horse show and decided that with the chills and fever I had, I better stay home. I definitely waited too long - went to the doctor on Monday and he sent me to the hospital.

Take care of yourself, do what your doctor tells you you can do. Do things in moderation as you'll suffer longer if you don't - I learned the hard way. Let friends help you. Tam from the forum here came down from TN to clip a horse for me, mow our lawn and then, best of all, she took me 55 miles to see a joint friend of ours.

Get better soon!

Barbie

Silly Corrine! Don't be so stubborn next time you are not well. Other wise the forum members will make sure in person, that you go see the Doc.
default_wink.png

And don't push your recovery.... there is no need to be like me. Rushing things will not get your body to heal faster.

Oh goodness.. now I am sounding like a Mother Hen.

But I am very glad to hear you are on the mend!!!

I talked with Corinne the other day, and she has been in my thoughts!!! I hope she is feeling much better soon and that she can take it easy in the meantime.

Thanks everyone. I have been taking it easy...very easy. It sure was a good wake up call for me to start to listen to what my body has been telling me. I dont know why so many of us horse people are so darn stubborn. ( I blamed it on the German side of me...lol..) I was in the hospital for 12 days. First it was my appendix which had ruptured the week before..gee, ever try telling a male doctor, you feel like you have very intense labor pains??? ...like they would know... the poison traveled throughout my system and also abcessed, then it was my heart, then the IV's, and then the blood clot, then back to surgery to be stapled before I came home...it was just one thing after another, but hopefully I am on the mend. I had a wonderful Dr and surgeon. Chris (son) has been talking care of all my backyard furbuddies, the horses and donkeys, and Bob (hubby) has been kept busy with our 2 adult furkids (dogs) and the 2 puppies which are now almost 4 months old...sure am glad I got them housebroken before this happened! The doctors did tell me I dont have a choice now but to cut back on my "labor of love" work...the horses, but I dont even want to think about that just yet! Thanks again everyone for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers, they sure were appreciated. Corinne

I feared something was wrong, with your absence on the donkey forum. You where GREATLY missed, very thankful you made it...us horse people may be stubborn but we are tough
default_wink.png
Wishing you a speedy recovery {{{HUGS}}}

Corrine oh my gosh STOP IT!

What on earth do you think you are trying to pull young lady????? Don't make me come up there! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE get well soon. You mean so much to me I can't stand reading this and now you went and made me blubber again
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif
default_crybaby.gif

Corrine is my holiday decorating partner in crime. When it comes to the holidays, oh man....put the two of us together and sisters let me tell you, we rock!
default_488.gif
default_488.gif
default_488.gif

Corrine you had better call me soon as you feel better!
default_please.gif
default_please.gif
default_please.gif

PS Hey Barbie, thanks for the heads up on Tam. Thinking I'll suddenly come down with the plague and see if she shows up to clip and do my lawn too!
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif
default_new_rofl.gif

Corinne - keeping you in my thoughts and prayers ... wishing you a speedy recovery!

Liz R.

Latest posts

Back