Copper Classic Sale UPDATE!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robin1

Reaction score
We were at the sale and weren't very surprised by the low prices, the economy the way it is, and I have been watching the prices at the sales going down every year now for a few years.

I did stop at the sales office today to take care of some paperwork and they said, "other than the horses an owner pulled from the sale, almost all the no sales had been sold in the last 24 hrs. I believe when I first asked there were 14 horses that still hadn't sold, later the number was more like 10.

I don't know what the people did that bid over the phone as Double Diamond is leaving tomorrow and several of the horses came from other states, so they couldn't go home with the farm they came with.

There were some very nice horses to be had, and the tack was sold very reasonably also. A friend of mine (who couldn't be there till later) has wanted an inexpensive work harness for one of her horses, so I bought one for her for $60 at the sale. She looked it up on the internet later and it retails for $265.

Robin

Edited to add: I asked them if they would update the sales page on the internet with the horses that were sold after the sale and the prices they went for, I was told , "they might." I told them I thought a lot of people would appreciate it, so.......... keep looking

Last edited by a moderator:
We were at the sale and weren't very surprised by the low prices, the economy the way it is, and I have been watching the prices at the sales going down every year now for a few years.
I did stop at the sales office today to take care of some paperwork and they said, "other than the horses an owner pulled from the sale, almost all the no sales had been sold in the last 24 hrs. I believe when I first asked there were 14 horses that still hadn't sold, later the number was more like 10.

I don't know what the people did that bid over the phone as Double Diamond is leaving tomorrow and several of the horses came from other states, so they couldn't go home with the farm they came with.

There were some very nice horses to be had, and the tack was sold very reasonably also. A friend of mine (who couldn't be there till later) has wanted an inexpensive work harness for one of her horses, so I bought one for her for $60 at the sale. She looked it up on the internet later and it retails for $265.

Robin

Edited to add: I asked them if they would update the sales page on the internet with the horses that were sold after the sale and the prices they went for, I was told , "they might." I told them I thought a lot of people would appreciate it, so.......... keep looking

I missed the tack sale, I wish I had not as it sounds like some good deals were to be had. I am going to have to start going to at least the tack portion of the sale that are not too far from us.

We bought Doctrine and he will be traveling back with Double Diamond. Their shipping fee was very reasonable and they are even keeping him a few extra days so that I do not have to make two trips to Northern Indiana. I wish there was a way to go back and watch the video again of the auction. I missed most of Doctrine in the ring because it was hard enough to hear on the phone so I had to step away from the computer, my daughter watched it all but I could not. Did anyone happen to record it? I would have, but I don't know how. Near the end in fact I lost the feed completely and could never get it back again. (Which I should mention was probably a user problem, not a video feed problem. lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations!!! Doctrine is a very pretty boy and showed himself well. I'll bet you can't wait to get him home.

Robin

Congrats on buying Doctrine! We own one of his sons:

docclip8.gif

I missed the tack part. Man am I kicking myself, im looking for a cheap harness for at home, and that price is outstanding.

There are prices there, but some still say N/S. Is that the last bid or the price is the horse sold after the auction?

That is the price they no saled for...they probably wont tell if the horses are sold later
I asked them if they were going to update the No Sale horses that later sold as I thought there would be a lot of people interested. I was told they "might".

Robin

Latest posts

Back