Coolest thing happened last night

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NyborFarm

Reaction score
Last night around 5pm my dad was working with our OLD Ford tractor moving dirt around and working on his stone wall when he started yelling for me. Im thinking "oh God what did he do?!" Well when I get out the gate to our front pen, he points towards the road. And guess what I saw! I Deer!! :new_shocked: She was walking around and eating the trees. She wasn't afraid of the tractor of daddy yelling. She was so pretty standing in the trees. She looked at us and then calmly walked across the road into the neighbors yard. She wasn't very big, maybe about the size of my 36" mini. It was really cool to watch her, I wish I knew that's what it was before I walked out of the house so I could have grabed my camera. We this she's the one that's been eating all the plants in my mothers garden. Now I keep my camera charged and at arms reach so if she comes again I can catch her on it.

~Megan

I love being around the wild critters. I was out in our pasture a couple of evenings ago pulling the Tansey weeds that are threatening to take over (they are now over 3 ft tall ! :new_shocked: ) and a doe got up from her nap and was only about 10 ft away from me. She seemed rather annnoyed that I had disturbed her as she ambled off - I am pretty sure that she had a fawn stashed away because she kept glancing back in that direction so I steered clear of where she was nesting and backed away slowly.

We used to have a pair of deer that seemed to think that the path to the barn was their personal trail and would pretty much dare me to use that path - it got kind of funny, I would walk down, they would walk up - we would meet in the middle about 4 ft apart and finally they would step off to the side of the path and let me go by and then they would continue on up the path to eat the thimbleberry leaves at the top.

I also had a young doe that loved to watch TV and would frequently see her standing just outside our den window watching whatever was on - didn't seem to have a favorite tho!

I remember one time I was visiting an Amish farm and up the drive way comes a big beautiful doe. I waited for her to run when she saw us and she kept right on walking. Pretty soon she is standing there in front of us. I found out that she was tame. Pretty neat indeed and so beautiful!
default_yes.gif
:

We saw five young raccoons tonight on the side of the road and

just down the road a young buck, tonight........any time I see a

wild critter it just makes the day perfect.

I am so hoping we have them at our new place, when we get

moved in.......

Latest posts

Back