Congratulations To Sophie Butler

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon

Reaction score
[SIZE=14pt]Well as some of you may know I decided to part with my little zorro
default_sad.png
It was one of the hardest decisions, believe me I cried many a time but I knew it was right and I'm just trying to move forward with my goals and what money and time I have to work with being in school and trying to improve. I'm really looking forward to my showstring next year and coming to the states with them I have a few secret show horses
default_wink.png
[/SIZE]

I LOVE that colt so much and wasn't letting him go as you know to just anyone. I previously kept my horses ta Littlefoot Farm where Zorro was born and where the 4H club is, he was always a favourite as a foal with his fancy colour and he also went almost undefeated as a weanling at 12 shows
default_wub.png
He just stood out in the field and boy was he a spoiled rotten colt
default_laugh.png

This is when I thought I would approach the kids , I really wanted him to be shown and be a kids one special horse
default_wub.png
He deserves that much he is so laid back and sweet. So I talked to sophie and she was really interested they worked together for a few weeks and I just kind of watched them and while it was super hard, they were awesome together and she did a great job brushing up his obstacle skills
default_smile.png
It took me a long time to decide but I feel like its so right. Congrats Sophie I know you guys are going to kick butt next year and I'll be at every one of those shows! Sophie has been showing for 2 years and has always been the hardest working kids there your so dedicated and Im so excited that he is going to be as spoiled as my Wee Man was when I first started
default_wub.png
I know what that bond is like and you deserve a little show horse like zorro.

He's only 5 minutes away form me where he was born
default_smile.png
I went to visit yesterday and he came right up to me pulled at my heart strings..
default_wub.png
I of course gave him a few stud muffins shhh.

Congrats girl you deserve him , Can't wait to see you in the ring this year!!

zorroshowtwo.jpg

NewZorro2.jpg

Aw! Sorry to hear. But I'm glad he found a good home. Its always tough to part with them!
default_wub.png

Devon, you have some great things coming in 2009 and you know im standing behind you on them all, Zorro will be loved and that is what matters and im proud of you, even though i know it was hard
default_wub.png

Oh Devon! Congratulations on selling Zorro to such a great home! And for being able to make such a mature and intelligent decision. I know how much you love that little horse and you did such a great job with him. I am sure Sophie will make both you and him proud. Once again, congratulations! And to you to Sophie!
default_smile.png

Congratulations all around!
default_smile.png
It's wonderful when it's a great decision for the horse, the new owner and the seller. I feel that way in particular about Lily going to live with Sheryl. Lily needed just that certain home and it's great when you know you've found it.
default_wub.png

Devon,

I know how you feel. In 2003 I lost my very first horse, the arabian mare, Pasos Flame. She left me with a 2003 filly. I raised that foal on foal-lac and was her human mommy, didn't need a leadrope to lead her around. She would follow me everywhere even at shows which amazed my other fellow arabian owners here in Quebec. We had a bond. Things changed and I had to sell most of my riding horses in 2005, sadly Sameera was one of them. She found a great home with a lady who had no other horses at the time, only her, and spent hours with her doing parelli, ski-joring and just spoiling her rotten. Anyway in 2007 that lady had 2 horses and had to sell one as board was to much for her to keep 2 horses. She knew how much I had regretted selling Sameera. Needless to say Sameera is now back here with me and is my husbands riding horse. She is still the same as I remembered her when I sold her as a 2 year old. She will be 6 this year. I ride her and she is such a sweet girl. I am just thankful she found a great home and that 2 years later I was able to buy her back. She is now home for good.

I know how hard it is to let some of those favorites go, but it sounds like you found him an absolutely fantastic home.
default_wub.png

Can't wait to see your new show horse line up!
default_smile.png

Congratulations girls -- Zorro is a lucky horse to have both you & Sophie in his life. Good luck to you both.

Congratulations Devon, I didn't know you had been considering selling your boy. Zorro is a wonderful horse because you made him that way and now he is going to make a girl very happy!
default_wub.png
I can't imagine how hard it is, I don't think I could ever part with one of mine, and I applaud you for your strength and for finding him the right home where he will be loved and where you can look out for him as well.

However, I must say it is INCREDIBLY unfair that you keep secrets, knowing your eye for horses I can't wait to see your 'secret'!!!!

It's always a bittersweet moment when you sell one that was special to you but they go to a wonderful home!! I'm feeling the same way about my Danny. I love this colt so much but I know I need to sell him. He definately won't be going anywhere unless it's to the right home!! Congratulations on finding the right person for Zorro.......and Congratulations to Sophie for getting such a nice horse!!
default_smile.png

Hey its Sophie
default_saludando.gif
i bought Zorro from Devon and i cant thank her enough
default_laugh.png

Good for you SOphie-- can't wait to see you in the ring next season. Good luck

Latest posts

Back