Confession Time!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you wear your pajamas to do your morning chores?

• Yes, frequently

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, occasionally

• NOT HARDLY! Are you kidding???

• Total voters

minisaremighty

Reaction score
I confess. I occasionally do my morning chores in my pajamas. I try not to, because I don't want the neighbors to see me (my barn and their barn are both up against our property line). I decided I was in a rush yesterday and it was quicker to not change, so I'm out there in my polka dot fleece jammies and who do I run into, but my neighbor in her blue w/clouds fleece jammies :bgrin Needless to say, we both had a good laugh. I was just glad it was HER doing the chores that morning instead of her hubby! :new_shocked:

Last edited by a moderator:
This made me grin Kathy. Of course I do pony chores in my jammies! I've been known to run out at 10pm in the summertime in my tshirt and undies for final bed check! BUT I live way down in the hollow and no neighbors to speak of. However yesterday a man did come into my barn at 7:30am as I was letting ponies out quick before the rain came and scared the jeepers out of me. I did have my pitchfork at hand just in case, but he wanted t let me know he was checking out utility poles for NYSEG and he meant no harm. Oh and I did have just my flannel jammies on with a denim coat.
default_unsure.png
:

always.

Not only have the neighbors seen me, but the kids on my daughters bus call me "The Jammie Lady With The Little Horse".

My daughter currently thinks that is funny/cool. That will probably change when she becomes a teenager.

I don;t actually sleep in my jammies, but I do wear my flannels all day... for chores, everything... unless i am going somewhere or someone is coming to visit I'm in jammies. If I had more comfy sweat suits i would wear those instead, but for now it is my plaid flannels, hehehe.

I've even mucked stalls in my robe, but I did have on good boots, hehehe.

I had to live with my MIL for a year and a half and for the first 6 months it made her crazy that I came down to dinner still in my PJ's.

She got over it.

I just don;t see any sense in putting on jammies, then changing into clothes and doing chores, then putting jammies back on. By wearing jammies all day I end up with half as much laundry to do. That saves electricity, water, etc. By wearing my jammies instead of changing I AM HELPING SAVE THE ENVIRONMENT!!!!

:new_rofl:

I voted, but I'm lucky in a way! Harvey does the morning feeding WAY early before he goes to work (around 4:30am). This way, they get fed about every 12 hours...

HOWEVER, there is not much that makes me feel more content than going outside before bed time in my PJ's and loving on some of the horses!!! I love telling them goodnight that way
default_wub.png
:

I don't like staying in Jammies. It's the 1st thing I try to do of a morning is strip out of them. But I am very self concious too.

~Karen

at our old farm i did the tshirt thing all the time dimi!! lmbo! we had no neighbors and during summer i would just run out and do a bed time check. since we moved we have abby very close next door. her hubby works nights so gets home right around 730 am so now i am much more careful in the morning

one more confession. at the old farm i used to feed and then take my tshirt off in the barn and get all the hay out of it and my bra and then put it back on and go to the house LOL.
default_blush.png
:

Oh goodness yes lol. I am not a pretty picture at 7:30 in the morning ..ohhhh no!

Normally in the AM i wear my PJ's (just a tshirt/shorts or sweatpants) out to the barn and that is not the real problem ...MY HAIR is lol. I wake up looking like i have a 2 cats fighting in my hair ..no clue how it happens bc i dont move on inch at night but it looks like i just woke up from a tornado lol. At night feeding i normally feed theme early enough that i'm still in my normal clothes but i will run out around 10 or so and check on them sometimes and make sure they are all snug.

We have a nabor next door moving into the house we rent out and tonight will actually be his first night over there and he is going to thing the swamp thing came to life when i go out to the barn in the morning lol.

NEVER, I'm usually in the barn between 2-3 hours, and when someone cant get ahold of me on the phone~~ they come on over to the barn. Just 2 days ago, my farrier (also my close friend) stopped in at 9:30 am...we ended up trimming 14 horses, cant imagine doing that in my pj's, besides my pj's consist of only a really large t-shirt :bgrin NOPE--not happening here. Corinne

Have worn a nightie over my joggers always since we had minis to feed and water first thing in the morning. After l give hay and water l come in throw the nightie in the washer by the back door put on a top and have tea and whatever then go out and do chores fully dressed. We have no neighbors close by l can go out naked and been tempted on hot days during the summer but you just never know so wouldn't want to scare the crap out of anyone...

Yes, in the summer, and I am disgusing about it too.

I go out to feed with bed hair, my nightshirt pinned with diaper pins here and there because of all the holes in them, tube socks, combat boots, vericose veins showing, and loose boobs flopping in the wind.

What do I care?

I'm stunning in my very own special way. :eek:

Usually, when I go to feed and put horses out in the morning (about 6am) I have my nightshirt on (like a big T shirt) and I slip on my sweats and that's how I go out. In the very depths of the winter I have a big flannel nightie that I wear out with my muck boots. That's a real cute outfit!! Plus I have this carhart type jacket with a hood that I wear over all these combinations. I don't really care if anyone sees me as it's usually dark anyway! And the horses sure don't care!

Jayne

Yes, in the summer, and I am disgusing about it too.

I go out to feed with bed hair, my nightshirt pinned with diaper pins here and there because of all the holes in them, tube socks, combat boots, vericose veins showing, and loose boobs flopping in the wind.

What do I care?

I'm stunning in my very own special way. :eek:

This made me smile. It sounds a lot like my getup in the mornings.

I should print this out to show my mom and mother in law next time they rag on me about it.

Karla you are a bum and your mind is in the gutter.

Now if you think for one minute that I am going to admit to getting down in the hay, forget it.

I'll admit to peeing in a stall, but that's it.

karla & marty you guys are making me laff so hard im falling off the chair again!!!

Oh my gawd, Karla's really getting down and dirty now!

Did somebody feed her oysters today?

:cheeky-smiley-006: :cheeky-smiley-006:

Warmer weather's coming.

May I suggest the Gulf of Mexico ???
default_whistling.gif
:

:new_let_it_all_out: :new_let_it_all_out: :new_let_it_all_out:

Not bad if you can tread water......... :eek:

If I laugh any harder Im gunna get a wicked case of hickups!!
default_shutup.gif
: I wouldn't be me if I didnt go out in the barn in my pj's. Before sister and her hubby to be moved in on the other side of the drive way no one but the parents saw me. But now I can see in their bathroom window from the barn! When I house sit I still do chorse in my pj's. Its always entertaning to see me in my leopard print pj's, black mucker boots, and crazy printed teeshirts! I at least try to brush my mane before I head out. I scare people if I dont brush the hair! :new_shocked:

Yes, I am guilty!

I must say I used to wear alot less to bed so that meant I wore less doing chores :lol: :lol:

We are pretty private where I am BUT I guess if the neighbours really wanted a thrill they could kind of see me through the many trees!!!

However........I never really thought anyone could see me, see me!! That was until last month our neighbours invited us over to their house, they have renovated and added a new addition and deck. My husband also thinned the trees last fall! WELL this combination in the winter in Maine is NOT good!!!!!!

I was so embarassed when I looked out their window :new_shocked: they have a VERY clear image of my barn and my route to the barn which means I will no longer be running outside to start my car before i get fully dressed :eek: :eek:

Running in my undies is no longer an option :bgrin
default_blush.png
:
default_blush.png
:

I totally do my chorse in my jammies every morning! My jammies are ladybug flannels
default_rolleyes.gif
: Hmm what a surprise! And just like Debs I have been known to run out in my undies and a t-shirt when I hear something funny. I have untangled the nieghbor horses from the fence in my t-shirt and undies! I was so glad that their house is all the way at the end of the 10 acre lot beside us
default_rolleyes.gif
: What a shocker that would have been!

And yes, the neighbors always see me
default_yes.gif
: They wave and are very sweet about it. Sometimes I catch them in their jammies too!

OMG!! Marty and Karla you guys are so halarious!! Seriously I HAVE to get a barn built!!! Here I had all these other thoughts in my head about why I needed a barn. When I tell my husband why I want a barn, I'll bet he will jump to it!!!!!!

I am lucky also and my husband feeds in the mornings. Not a morning person here, but I will stay out with a sick horse or marestare until 2 or 3 am. I get the show horses food ready in buckets the night before for him to make it a little easier. But if there are any medicenes to be given you betcha I am out in my gown giving medicene, bed hair, a frown, muck shoes and all! My family has threatened to take pictures of me to use against me.
default_thumbdown.gif
:

When I tell my husband why I want a barn, I'll bet he will jump to it!!!!!!

Yes, I agree that will probably work. Men, poor things, will fall for anything for a price......

Karla, you are a sick woman if you think that butt pimples induced from hay are fun. They aren't. And they are ugly and itch. Don't ask me how I know....... :eek:

had the 500 yard freestyle record in high school for a minute

Yea, sure, but that was a dynasty ago. You're old now and out of shape, and I mean really old.
default_poke.gif
:

Look, I'll send you some water wings. You know what they say "hope floats": :risa_suelos:

Back