Computer help???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tshack

Reaction score
Ok I've asked everywhere else and I'm gonna sk here. Is anyone having trouble logging into Myspace with a Hughes.net ISP? I've had a horrible time getting logged in. I'm also looking for the OLD directions that were posted here that had to do with staying logged in. There were several steps but the ones I find now just have to do with fixing the security level. I'm half thinking it may help me though on this other site.

Hi,

I am not now, but was for many years, a Direcway/Hughes customer. I never had any trouble logging into myspace. Do you have some setting in your browser that's preventing it? What happens when you try and log in?

Have you cleared your cache, deleted the cookies?

Liz

honestly I don't know if it's a setting or not, I can't get anyone to help me with that part. All I've gotten is finger pointing to the other party.

What it does is when I got to log in, it takes me right back to that page and says you must be logged in to do that. Now I KNOW i'm getting all the info correct as I've copied and pasted, even the password and such. It just won't let me in.
default_wacko.png

This is off the subject, but how did u like hughes? I am so sick of dial up......forget about watching videos on my space and youtube......

Sorry I couldn't help....just added another question :DOH!

I"m interested to hear what you think about it too...the only other option I have way out here in the boonies is dial up..slooowwwwwwwww

It would help to know what operating system, which modem you are using. Lots of questions, as I really had no problem except on my laptop which had something to do with the wireless router I was using more so than anything else.

If you have any other option other than satellite, I'd use it. Dial up is slow, but satellite is next-slowest. It is better than dial up, but it is very troublesome and the service was my biggest peeve about Hughes. (lack of).

Wild blue is better so far as to outages, but their email (dishmail) is awful.

Liz

Ok I have an XP desktop and a Vista laptop. Both are connected to my linksys router (but it's not that cause I've tried it connected directly to the modem and it still wouldn't let me in). My hughes modem is the dw 7000, next newest model.

AFA how I like hughes? I honestly hate 'em. Their customer service is in India and the people are hard to understand, and I can't count the number of times I've been hung up on just this week with this issue. One guy when he was walking me through different steps and I asked him about one step (all I did was ask what it did,-I mean if you don't' ask you'll never understand and thus never learn-I was perfectly polite in asking too) well when I asked, he smarted off 'oh I see we have a tech support person on the other end of the phone' when i said no, he went on to quiz me about my computer skills, like 'well do you work on computers, do you have stock' and stuff like that. Stuff just to prove a point that he was the tech person and I was the person with the problem. Again I'll say i was polite, I didn't doubt or argue with what he said to do I just asked, so that I could understand it and remember it if the step worked and I encountered the problem int he future. They also have this little thing called FAP-Fair access Policy. What it does is regulate just HOW much you can do on the net, when you go over that limit your back to dial up speeds for 24 hours. That's all fine but if your making your living or taking college classes like I was then it more or less prevents you from doing this. All they can say is what your upload/download limit and wait till the 24 hours is over. Their plans start at 60 a month and the service dealing with the people and slow speeds when you go over isn't worth that. And yeah watching a bunch of youtube vids, online movies, even listening to a bunch of myspace songs will put you over really quick, I was shocked by just how little I did that put me over. Don't get me wrong when it's working fine mine zooms like a top, I've kept service on my net longer than I have on my tv as far as bad weather and the times I've lost it was times you really needed to turn off and unplug stuff cause of lightning and stuff, but when it's not working right as you can see from this post, your kind of resorted to figuring it out for yourself. Like this deal now, I've been told everything from I've gone over my amount (I hadn't cause I checked) to myspace won't accept the proxy number, to I'm just gonna have to live with it. It's just funny that it worked on all the normal settings and all of a sudden quit.

Here's some links on the FAP

http://www.copperhead.cc/fap.htm

And a few more for Hughes:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/...net-c19070.html (BTW I DID ask about the myspace banning last night and was told it was false)

As much as I hate it, I've been told by those that have wildblue that their FAP is lower and a lot worse-like it takes a month or something to return to normal speeds rather than a day. And satellite is the only option I have here other than dial up, so that's the only reason I'm still a customer with 'em. Just read the links or do a google on hughe.net and you can find lots of info on 'em. my choice though if I had the option to get something else I'd go for it in a heartbeat.

That settled it for me, customer service in India. HP customer service is the same...I had trouble understanding them also, my new computer fried and I thought if he tells me not to worry one more time I am going to lose it! He told me the highest power would contact me.......Thank Goodness she was american! And great prompt service.........still was a pain setting up a new computer.

We talked to cingular..back when they where cingular and I think they said it was 60.00 a month for unlimited wireless. I think anyway, cannot trust my memory.

Guess I'll stick with my dial up for now..hopefully, something other than satelitte will be available soon..I heard that once AT&T took over Bellsouth ( my phone provider) that DSL would be available for everyone. We'll see......

I had Hughesnet for years. They have just recently gone to space sharing (if you exceed your allotted space they severely restrict your download speeds for up to 48 hours). That did it for me. Download at 6kb is not my idea of fun, especially when I pay my bill, etc....

I have switched to Verizon Wireless DSL ($20 a month cheaper) and love it. I can take that just about anywhere and MUCH faster and I had the newest model of Hughesnet modem (just bought it!). If you have a barn cam, it slows you way down transmitting. Honestly, some days dial up was faster-believe it or not!

I thought I was too far out for wireless DSL but if you can get 2 bars, you are in business. The Verizon people let me try it for 2 weeks to decide. The aircard was $50 and they had a $50 rebate going so my aircard is free. If Hughesnet is the only option, it will work but not great. I had to pay nearly $1000 for my satellite a few years back- maybe it is free now, not sure. But when it iced and snowed, I had to sweep it off to get internet.

We recently left Hughesnet after having been a customer forever. We paid the $1000 plus for the satelite and were told that we were going to have to pay again for new equipment and sign a two year contract. They did not have any discounts for having been a customer for so long. So we went to Verizon also; no equipment charges. We like it and can take it with us when we travel.

We also hated the customer service. They were a complete waste of time when you had a problem. We usually had to search the internet for someone who had the same problem and had found a solution. For us it got to be a "fix it yourself" type of company.

Latest posts

Back