Computer/Camera question

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stacyeking

Reaction score
I just got a new camera (Sony DSC-H3) and I absolutely love it! It has 8.1 megapixels as opposed to the 2.0 that my old camera took, BUT...now the file sizes are too big for some of the things I like to do with them, such as post on my site, email, etc. Equusite only takes up to 300 kb and the files are too big.

I had one that I really liked, tried to submit, too big. I ended up going to Photobucket, resizing it, then saving it back to my computer and then sending it, but I might have made it TOO small. Seems like there should be some way to fix it lots easier than that.

Ican take pictures in smaller formats, but then the quality is not good for viewing large on my computer or making prints. I'd hate to have great photo taken in email size resolution!

Can I use my computer to make the file sizes smaller, so if I have a really nice image that I'd like to share online as well as have a larger print of I can use the same image?

Also, how do megapixels translate into file sizes? Say...if I take a shot at 3.0 mp, then what kind of kb are we talking about? What about at 8.0 mp?

Thanks for your help!

Stacye

I have a program on my PC that when you open your picture, click "edit" and there will be a box to compress/resize your photo for a website. I think it's a Microsoft program, I can't remember what it's called!

Lucy

I have an editing program with my camera, but still prefer the simplicity of Nero photo snap for quickies, and simple downsizing.

Latest posts

Back