Combination DVD / VCR Machines (question)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I want to buy a combination DVD / VCR and I want to be able to copy DVD's onto VHS tapes. When looking at the selection online Best Buy and Circuit City, they seem to be really reasonably priced until you go to the ones that can copy a VHS tape onto DVD (which is the oposite of my goal). Can you tell me if it's pretty much standard that the combos can copy DVD footage onto VHS tape? The descriptions do not point this out, so I'm hoping it's just that they all pretty much do that but that if you want to copy tape onto DVD, then that's where they've got a big price jump.

ALSO, do any of you know if it's possible to take still pictures off of a DVD disc? I have laptops with DVD players built in, but I don't know how to grab a still shot but would LOVE to be able to do so.

Thanks a lot!

Jill

Hey Jill! I've owned on for over a year. I have yet to figure out how to record on mine let alone transfer VHS to DVD which is one reason I wanted one. You figure it out and call me collect and talk me through it.
wacko.gif
All it is good for right now is playing DVDs & VHS tapes.
ohmy.gif

I just keep wondering where technology is going to take us next. We have a relative who does not use either. He works for a computer company and he has a hard drive rigged up capable of keeping almost a thousand hours of video (with room for future expansion) without tapes or CDs and swears its better than anything on the market and by the time its ready for commercial sales it to will be outdated. He can record from any medium currently in use in order to preserve movies etc he wants now.

Jill, I bought one of the cheaper ones a while back, hoping that I could record DVD onto VHS for my hubby. Well, if the DVD player is running, the VHS player won't do a thing and vice versa. It specfically said in the instructions that it can NOT be used to record one to the other
sad.gif
I sure wish it would.

On a side note, now my DVD player won't even play. I'm hoping a good cleaning will help. It's too old to take it back, but not old enough to want to replace it yet
crybaby.gif

Latest posts

Back